C&C bug during setup and movement bugs w/ 1.03

While setting up units I get the black line indicating units (tanks in particular) are out of C&C then on the first turn they get in C&C magically. And vice-a-versa (infantry in particular). Most annoying when deploying troops in foxholes where you think everyone is in C&C then first turn they are not. Grrrrrr

I issued an embark command to a conscript maxim and tried to set a pause of 10 sec. Game would not let me do it. I try with a green maxim and it would let me do it. Next turn, I cancel the embark for the green maxim (delay was set such that the maxim would not move until the begginning of the next turn), try to reissue the command with another delay but the game would not let me add any delays. Would the turn before, but not now. Go figure.

I issued an advance order to a green squad out of C&C, or tried to, game would not let me do it. Multiple units ranging from conscript to green would not accept the advance order. And no, they were not tired. Some were in C&C, some out of C&C, but I could not see the logic for why some units would accept the advance order while others would not. Russian infantry if it helps.

I have the files if necessary.

It does say in the manual that conscript troops, and green troops out of command, may not use advance orders.

I think that the change in C&C distance is due to the foxholes. They are not counted during setup, but are in the first turn. They take a little off the max C&C distance.

Don't know about the delays

Originally posted by StellarRat:

Doesn't sound like a bug to me. Units in cover usually can't receive orders as well as units in the open (I think.)

Well of course but in this case they were laying out the defense and the foxholes positions so that they could see their platoon leader (this equals the player fiddling with positions and command radius).

But right before the battle they sink into their ground a little deeper and lose contact. Ups.

It's a clear bug that the game drops the C&C that was carefully established during setup.