One Click To Combat for CMBB

Hi, I have converted Kyles "CM: One Click To Combat" from CMBO to CMBB now.

Kyle was kind enough to share the sources for this great utility, making it possible for me to convert it.

One Click to Combat is a PBEM utility.

This utility will manage your PBEM files and launch CMBB with the passwords for them (you only need to type the passwords once and the tool will remember them) you can also tell the tool to zip PBEM files that exceed X kilobytes before it sends them to your opponent. It sorts the PBEM files so you know which PBEMs you still have to play and which you have to send.

I can see a lot of improvements and features that can be added to this utility and I hope to add more things in the future.

You can download it by clicking this link:

CMOneClickCMBB.zip

There might still be some timing issues.

However as I only got one computer that runs windows, I need you guys to try it for me, feel free to give me feedback.

[ February 07, 2003, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: hardcampa ]

Originally posted by Jussi Köhler:

I get a "Combat Mission was not started properly. Aborting" error whie trying to load up a pbem-file. Any ideas what could cause this? Im itching to get this working.

/EDITED

Sorry, that was stupid of me... A bit of my specs.. Win 2k, CMBB2 CDV version (different name on executable)

Sorry about that...

I get a "Combat Mission was not started properly. Aborting" error whie trying to load up a pbem-file. Any ideas what could cause this? Im itching to get this working.

Im getting the same error.....using Win XP home edition and the CDV version with renamed exe file.

Some additional info:

The incoming PBEM file shows up in the 'waiting for you to process' window.

CMBB still starts up (with oneclick error msg) but does not process the PBEM file. I end up at the main screen and have to manually select my PBEM file and enter the password.

Once the turn is finnished and saved the outgoing turn shows up correctly in the bottom window and clicking 'send' brings up the email window.

The outgoing email seems to send OK and the file status changes to 'sent'.

This could be a problem with the CDV executable file size or something.

Lou2000

The original CDV exe file is called CombatMission2.exe but i have mine renamed to Barbarosse to Berlin.exe ......... mainly for CMMOS ..... the older versions didnt recognise the CDV filename, not sure if this is still the case but the new CMMOS user manual seems to suggest it no longer needs to be changed.

The process running is named Barbarosse to Berlin.exe

Lou2000

Actually the process is called CombatMission2.exe in the CDV version. I think that after Lou renamed the executable it changed the name of the process as well...

The application in called: Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin, and the process as stated earlier.

I don't get it. PBEM Helper already supports both U.S. and CDV version. Duh. Why reinvent the wheel twice??

Originally posted by Fuerte:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jussi Köhler:

Actually the process is called CombatMission2.exe in the CDV version. I think that after Lou renamed the executable it changed the name of the process as well...

The application in called: Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin, and the process as stated earlier.

I don't get it. PBEM Helper already supports both U.S. and CDV version. Duh. Why reinvent the wheel twice?? </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Fuerte:

I don't get it. PBEM Helper already supports both U.S. and CDV version. Duh. Why reinvent the wheel twice??

Well I found that One Click to Combat was extremely easy to install and use.

And I tend to frown an arrogance, the worst human trait in my opinion. </font>

I agree that your PBEM helper is probably (havent tried it yet) a very good program. What irritates me is your attitude. I dont like it when people try to stuff things down my throat.

What irritates me is that people make the life difficult for them. PBEM Helper has been available for months for CMBB, and as the title suggests, it actually helps. Now people find out this One Click program (that originally introduced the great feature to send mouse clicks etc. on CMBO) and find it useful, while PBEM Helper has already done it for months. I'll have to say that there is something that I just don't understand with the logic of these people. OK, perphaps One Click is easier to install and use, I don't know, I have never used it. Back in CMBO days we developed these applications at the same time without knowing about each other, and if I had known about One Click, then I wouldn't have done PBEM Helper, and vice versa. Nowadays PBEM Helper supports 25 different PBEM games, and it has an user-interface to add more. It is a general tool for PBEM games. CMBB and CMBO automatic file name and password entering is done with VBScript files, there you can still find the original One Click code, converted from C++ to VBScript, and with timing and other fixes.

Fuerte chill out.. I mean, seriously. I converted One Click to Combat just because I wanted to check the code out and because it's a neat, extremely simple utility.

Simplicity is good.

I don't see any reason at all to make a big issue out of this.

I mean your PBEM Helper is great, if people want to use your application hell yeah why not.

Whatever helps Combat Mission I'm all for.

Heh, I find this debate a little funny.

I still have some issues with the code to go through (when I get some more time to do it, perhaps tonight).

The zip compression is a bit sketchy, I suggest not using it for now (uncheck the zip button), as I have had some issues with it, this is kinda wierd as I haven't changed the zip code anything at all from the original, perhaps it needed fixing if so I'll do it as soon as I can, I know zip is something all of us want. The reason to why the CDV version is causing trouble is probably because it wants to play some intro movie am I right on this?

If someone with the CDV version feels like a labrat. Let me know and I'll send you an updated version.

[ February 09, 2003, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: hardcampa ]