Sturm Tiger = ouch

Yes, they cost 1200 points, and yes, they take 3 turns to reload, but what other tank can kill 204 infantry in 3 shots?

This was a 900 point battle (rarity was off so I could fool around). The computer was attacking, and I won with just a King Tiger and a Sturm Tiger.

oneshot.jpg

aftermath.jpgaftermathstats.jpg

More explosive for the weight of the shell. Many aircraft bombs were up to 50 percent or greater casing. There was a tendency to over engingeer bombs from fear that they might break up on impact rather than explode. Once this was proven false there were just so many old bombs in the depots that it took a while for newer, better ones to come on the scene.

If you want to play with the Sturmkitty some more try my operation "If Only" at the Scenario Depot (shameless self promotion). Since they were designed in response to the Wehrmacht's difficulties in Stalingrad, this op looks at what might have been had they been there.

After readign this thread Ithought Iwould have a play around with a Sturmtiger...oh boy was that fun- a 3000pt meetign engagemnt, Sturm Tiger and a Tiger with a couple of SMG squads vs 3000pts of Russian Infantry- the game was over before I even got my 3rd shot from the SturmTiger- he killed 280 troops and 2 mortars, and 1 armoured car.

Absolutley mad.