Can this be right: QB Computer force selection

I have found that for QB meeting engagements of mechanised forces with force quality set to "high" and and allowing the computer to select the forces, the Axis will always end up with Elite/Crack everything, and will generally have HTs with the odd tank, wheras the Allies will get veterans with large tanks and no HTs.

If I set the Axis force quality to "Medium" then green and regulars are selected!

Why is this so? Were there no Axis veteran troops in 1945?

It seems to really suck, because given the choice between larger sqads of vets or smaller sqads of elite, I know which I would choose every time.

Plus, the HTs give a mobility advantage that is hard to counter in a meeting engagement.

Does this mean that QBs meeting engagements with computer selected forces are doomed to be unbalanced in this way?

GaJ.

Do you think it was so clearly like that?

Its a real shame, because it's nice to whip up a TCP QB without having to worry about force selection... just straight into action knowing forces will be basically good & sensible.

Crack vs Vet just ain't sensible. Even if its realistic, it distorts a nice simple game.

Guess I better play around with earlier years

and see if its the same there.

GaJ.

It would make sense that there should be more "veteran" than "crack" types. One factor AFAIK is rarity - when it is on and quality is random, the computer usually selects something it deems as "historical". Perhaps it's being a bit silly here. Is there a difference when rarity is turned off?