Africa on the East Front

Has anybody been having a serious go at creating "North Africa" QBs with cmbb equipment yet? Does it work?

For example the "British" could have Matilda II's/Valentines/Stuarts etc, versus German and Italian armour on flattish treeless brown steppe to simulate open desert.

Sure it'd look odd to see Russian crews posing as Brits,but what the heck! And it'd be a good way of getting a feel for each AFV's capabilities long before CMAK arrives..

I had considered a CMBB verion of the DFDR mod I worked up. But after BTS decided to do the desert next I decided to hold off.

One of the biggest challenges if speech files. The number of speech files in CMBB is several times what it is in CMBO, around 27 meg in CMBB compared to maybe 3 in CMBO. This makes doing a theater redress a bit more difficult.

MikeT

You can probably blame me for the mod not being released.

Gordon did that mod after CMAK was announced. I talked to him and mentioned that he might want to hold on to that mod until CMAK is out. He agreed. You will get it but will probably be after the new year.

MikeT

Originally posted by MikeT:

You can probably blame me for the mod not being released.

Gordon did that mod after CMAK was announced. I talked to him and mentioned that he might want to hold on to that mod until CMAK is out. He agreed. You will get it but will probably be after the new year.

MikeT

Strange, http://www.hitman.com seems to be offline. You lucky man, MikeT. What on earth made you do this? :D Seriously though, I'm not sure I get why this was done, what benefit has this delay?