6 turns and toast

6 turns and my armor is gone. spw251/1 halftracks are running amok among my troops and I am had for. How did I get here. Popping over a rise in the road with my sherman and jackson , and reversing into a armored psw234 who politely took out my turret. Out flanked, my sharpshooter seen them, I just didn't pay attention to that corner of the map. I have noticed most people I am playing love the halftracks and armored car. Sooo, any suggestions on how to counter them? 50 caliber has worked a couple of times, bazooka teams if I can work it right. PIAT if they can hit anything.(had one miss with all 6 shells today. Sure a sherman would be nice but they can't go chasing over the hills because we all know what happens then. I honestly believe he could have brought them 4 halftracks and armored car right up my gut. And most likely wiped out half my force. Any suggestions? I have been humbled.

I'm no expect and not even a good player but until somebody else pops up with some good advise I'll make a comment or two just to take up space which is what I'm good for ;) , but anyway, like you said " pay more attention to the whole board". No excuse to get outflanked like that smile.gif and that seems to be why you got into the state your in. Had that not happened things might be 100% better meaning you'd have some armor left and then those HT's wouldn't be ruling the game as they are. HT's without armor to control them do seem to get gutsy. They do have an unlimited supply of ammo and aren't afraid to use it on hapless infantry. This game can be going just great one minute and one stupid or careless mistake can cost you dearly. You sometimes can get the initiative back depending on what you have force wise but more times then not it's too late and it's over except for the enemy to just mop up. This is very realistic as this is how it is in combat except here in the game we drag it out instead of getting the hell out of Dodge. Not a good feeling for sure. Anyway, good interesting topic. I don't mean this against you personally but It's nice to see this happens to somebody else besides me. :D

I believe there were 1 or 2 250's and a 251 plus a 234 armored car. I was mistaken about the armored car taking out my sherman. I reversed up a hump in the road I had just crossed and I guess his panther got a look at me and got me. I couldn't see it from my screen. In another game I am engaged in, my opponent flew 3 halftracks up to the woods I was hiding in and my british sqads took out all three. At point blank range. That was cool, but I don't think he will take the 4 he has on the way there up quite so close this time. Ahh also on the last game I refered to I have a ac damler?? took out two half tracks. So I guess I am learning.

Exactly. The best anti-HT weapon is light armor of your own.

Daimlers will happily kill any MG only, Mortar or FT HTs they encounter with very little risk. But then you have the problem of the assault HTs and ACs whoes autocannons are a real danger to your Daimlers. Stuarts are another good anti light armor vehicle, and unlike daimlers they are also effective against infantry