Dug in and trenches ?

If I am reading this right,not only is MeatEtr right,he may have understated the significance of the situation.I could have sworn that infantry that are "dug in" and placed in/over a trench in the setup phase will end up being in a foxhole instead of the trench.IOW,the infantry will simply be in a foxhole instead of the trench,and you will have to move them into the trench.I could be wrong,though.

Thanks for your answers! And thats leads to the conclusion that it's better to press "D" before you put e.g. a gun in a trench. I assume there is better protection in a trench then in a foxhole. But what about houses, sounds like they should remain in "foxhole mod" there?

It's best to place units "dug in" even if you place them in buildings, rubble or trenches even though there is no bonus double up of protection for them. It's just easier to be placing all of your units, except vehicles with the "dug in" toggled by default both for those units that you actually place where they can dig a foxhole and for one's that you may make a mistake with their placing.

BTW what does "IOW" stand for? :confused:

Trenches shrink from setup phase to turn 1.

IIRC an old thread mentions that you can check this best when placing a contiuous trenchline during setup who just touch but don't overlap. There'll be gaps between the trenches in turn 2.

So if a unit is placed on an edge, it might find itself in a foxhole in turn 1.

Gruß

Joachim