Bug? CMBB 1.02 Map Building Wierdness

Has anyone notice some strange differences in map building in 1.02? I am building a mountainous map with river gorges which I hoped would rise in a way that simulates rapids coming down a slope.

However, every time that I go back and look at the saved map, the river levels have reverted to a single level. In other words, each river reverted to its lowest level. If there is a 1 elevation square, the whole river reverts to the elevation. If there is a 2 elevation square, the whole river reverts to level 2.

This also makes bridge building in mountain areas impossible, since the units refuse to try to cross the bridge.

I've got saved files in case anyone needs to check it out.

I noticed that in all versions of CMBB, for water as well as swamps. In some ways it's a pretty cool feature (most occurences of standing water in real life are flat) but in specialized circumstances, like waterfalls and downhill streams, it's a nuisance. Most of the workarounds I've seen use separate patches of water with stretches of soft ground (water on even levels, soft ground or even rough (rapids) on the odd). This enables you to have water at several different elevations, and still be relatively authentic looking, and more importantly, acting.

Zimorodok

This feature was dicsussed some time ago, and came as quite a surprise to old CMBO players. All connected water tiles in CMBB will now adjust to the lowest height of the group. No more lakes and rivers on an incline. A good thing in general, limits the 'artistic' potential somewhat though.