Casualities in operations...I'm confused...

I thought it would work this way in an operation:

After battle 2, the statistic shows the casualities of battle 1 + battle 2, after battle 3 the statistic show the casualities for battle 1 + 2 + 3, etc...

But this theory does not seem to work in my current operation...

casualities Battle 1

607 men O.K.

35 casualities

17 KIA

1 vehicle lost

casualities Battle 2

746 men O.K.

11 casualities

23 KIA

* Is it possible that casualities like lightly wounded soldiers recover between battles ?

* Why is my lost vehicle ( Psw 232 ) not in the casuality list for battle 2 ?

Greeetings, Sven

1) Yes, KIA losses are permanent but others eventually return to service.

2) Dunno, in one operation I destroyed two T-26's. I took special care to pump extra sounds into them so they'd show up as "knocked out" instead of "abandoned". Yet one of them was evacuated by the enemy between the battles. Wasn't what I expected.

Originally posted by Panzerman:

You only see that losses which you have taken in the battle in question. You will see total losses at the end of the operation.

Are you sure? I seem to have had different experiences, often the losses displayed at the end of battle two have been greater than what I actually lost during that battle.

Take for instance the scores displayed above. How could the KIA during one single battle be greater than total casualties (KIA + wounded)?

Originally posted by Sergei:

2) Dunno, in one operation I destroyed two T-26's. I took special care to pump extra sounds into them so they'd show up as "knocked out" instead of "abandoned". Yet one of them was evacuated by the enemy between the battles. Wasn't what I expected.

Um, the way I remember it you have to "cook" the vehicles to be insured that they are unsalvageable. This means that the vehicle has to burn by the end of the battle.

Thanks a lot for your answers!

But please compare the casualities above with the statistics below:

Operation Störfang - Mission Swartzekätze

Battle 1

Casualities:

529 men O.K.

5 casualities.

3 KIA

1 aircraft lost

Battle 2

Casualities:

774 men O.K.

16 casualities

12 KIA

1 vehicles lost

1 aircraft lost

( I lost one aircraft in the first battle but I didn't lose any aircraft in the second battle - there simply was no air support at all because of bad weather - but both figures include 1 aircraft lost...)

Battle 3

983 men O.K.

18 casualities

22 KIA

1 vehicles lost

2 aircraft lost

(..another aircraft lost in this round, maybe an Emil or a Stuka...)

Battle 4

1091 men O.K.

77 casualities

32 KIA

3 vehicles lost

3 aircraft lost

And another aircraft lost in this round, which is a total of 3 aircraft lost / destroyed during this operation. - If I "... only see that losses which I have taken in the battle in question." then the total would be 4 aircraft lost in the operation...or am I missing something...

Greetings, Sven

Originally posted by Trommelfeuer:

And another aircraft lost in this round, which is a total of 3 aircraft lost / destroyed during this operation. - If I "... only see that losses which I have taken in the battle in question." then the total would be 4 aircraft lost in the operation...or am I missing something...Greetings, Sven

There are 4 aircrafts availabe in the whole operation. This would certainly be a loss of 100%. It looks like those Russian AA guns were very effective ;)

I think you have lost 3 aircrafts. The AAR of

battle 4 has given the final result.

[ December 08, 2003, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: eichenbaum ]

Originally posted by Trommelfeuer:

Thanks a lot for your answers!

But please compare the casualities above with the statistics below:

Operation Störfang - Mission Swartzekätze

Battle 1

Casualities:

529 men O.K.

5 casualities.

3 KIA

1 aircraft lost

Battle 2

Casualities:

774 men O.K.

16 casualities

12 KIA

1 vehicles lost

1 aircraft lost

( I lost one aircraft in the first battle but I didn't lose any aircraft in the second battle - there simply was no air support at all because of bad weather - but both figures include 1 aircraft lost...)

Battle 3

983 men O.K.

18 casualities

22 KIA

1 vehicles lost

2 aircraft lost

(..another aircraft lost in this round, maybe an Emil or a Stuka...)

Battle 4

1091 men O.K.

77 casualities

32 KIA

3 vehicles lost

3 aircraft lost

And another aircraft lost in this round, which is a total of 3 aircraft lost / destroyed during this operation. - If I "... only see that losses which I have taken in the battle in question." then the total would be 4 aircraft lost in the operation...or am I missing something...

Greetings, Sven

Theorem 1:

The casualties are the "permanent" casualties. A unrecoverable vehicle or aircraft destroyed in battle 1 is still destroyed in battle 1. Somebody killed stays killed. Wounded may recover.

"Proof":

a) the stats for those increase over time.

B) Try a battle without a fight and look at the stats.

c) The kill - casualties ratio is 1:3

Theorem 2:

Wounded return or you get replacments for them.

...But I dunno if the injured returning in battle 2 are counted in the overall count. :D

Gruß

Joachim