Complete Replay?

Hi.

My first post.

Why isn't there (or is it?) any way to have a complete recording of an entire battle and replay it in CMBB/CMBO? I think this would be such a cool feature.

It ought to be possible to "save" a game in its finished form for posting/uploading so we can watch battles after they have been played, just like the movies.

Originally posted by dwas:

Hi.

My first post.

Why isn't there (or is it?) any way to have a complete recording of an entire battle and replay it in CMBB/CMBO? I think this would be such a cool feature.

It ought to be possible to "save" a game in its finished form for posting/uploading so we can watch battles after they have been played, just like the movies.

So this will be your first reply? smile.gif

What your requesting is not available, why, I'm not sure. It has been requested many times and keeps getting shot down or ignored. I'm sure someone will step up and explain it.

Welcome, and yes it would be cool. ;)

KC

hi dwas, this is the forum & you're welcome to it.

my first post was the same question as yours & i got the same answer.

what i still don't understand is, the game looks like it produces a file/could produce a file to run the movie from. therefore why can't we have a folder with the current files in? then the engine could just go through them all.

hhhenyway, it's not going to be addressed soon but Battlefront (the developers) are re-writting the engine from the ground up & i think that this feature will be in it.

search for CMX2 feature request threads to see everything else on the wish list.

Shorthand answer, repeated often by BFC. Game engine wasn't designed for it. Can't be done, can't be added.

I'm sure there's some tech-head out there that knows how to record the contents of their computer screen to video in real-time. Then one would rewind and edit. Not exactly an elegant solution and I haven't heard of anyone doing it yet..

[ May 09, 2003, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]