Night time combat...... AXIS Armor ??

I'd think that fast turrets would be the order of the day. Bear in mind that maximum ranges will be in the region of 200m on a clear night, going down to 75m if it is overcast and less if it is raining, snowing or foggy, so you might be able get away with lighter guns than normal.

If you expect infantry, Flammpanzers would be useful, as they are able to get within range. Also consider the thin stuff such as FT halftracks and 150mm gun carriers - if you shoot and scoot to support engaged infantry (i.e you know what enemy forces there are at that point) it will be difficult for your enemy to bring AT suport to bear on them, and they stay alive long enough to have an effect.

In CMBO I wouldn't have got any armor, but in CMBB the ranges are longer and fausts/shrecks are rarer and zooks/PIATs nonexistent. Just stay out of molotov/infantry flamethrower range...

Flamingknives advice is good: fast turrets. Avoid StuGs and other turretless vehicles if possible. Flamethrower vehicles are good.

Not sure about the halftracks and other thin stuff - ATRs will still work and will be even harder to spot at night. I chewed up a bunch of halftracks with 'em in one night battle.

In CMBB, also consider optics. High magnification optics have lousy nighttime performance due to high loss of light throughput. This is another reason to stay away from armor that excels primarily at long range - not only is that kind of killing power overkill at the ranges typically encountered during nighttime combat, the optics put such AFVs at an additional disadvantage.

Martin