What's the star mean?

Doh! oops I misread it too....

I will leave my long winded answer below anyways even though it does not address the question.

Yes, as mentioned in the posts below I believe it does indicate the actual historical name of commander being modeled in an historically accurate scenario.

this is my "other" answer:

there are four "special" modifiers

the star is for command range I think

the lightening bolt is a Combat Multiplier meaning they aim better

the heart is for moral

and the Question mark (?) is for stealth

the Stealth bonus means that unit and those in the command radius are harder to spot

the moral bonus means that unit and those in its command are less likely to break or route or panic

the star command bonus means the C&C range of the little red line is longer (How and why I never could figure out? :confused: )

the BIG one IMHO is the lightening bolt as it is the COMBAT bonus which might increase the accuracy and fire power effectiveness of those units in its command radius

The combat bonus and the Stealth bonus I think are the most handy together. IMHO

there are three levels of bonus

none (no Symbol)

bonus +1 just the symbol alone (as picture in your screen grab above)

and

Bonus +2 which is the symbol in a yellow square box

ok?

-tom w

[ May 22, 2003, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]