Plea for CMBB mods lost at CMMODs...

I've been doing new mods for some of the tanks and vehicles that I've modded in the past. I'm also working on some new mods. I'll upload these mods as they're completed.

Looking back, I'm not really happy with some of my earlier mods - I doubt that I'll upload them again.

It took me a looooong time to work up the nerve to tackle CMMODS's new upload form, but it turned out to be a breeze and within a week I had all 50 of my old mods back up. I don't know why I was so scared to start re-uploading.

One reason why mods may not be being reuploaded could be simple CM burnout. Some of us have been playing CM in one for or another for 3 years straight! Reuploading an old mod so another 25 people can get hold of it doesn't have the same 'sparkle' as the first posting of the first mod of a particular vehicle.

[ December 12, 2003, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

I have more mods I want to upload, but the problem is I'm not sure who did lots of them. They either don't say in the readme file, have no readme or don't have the author in the title.

I think I'll just start uploading them and see what happens... :rolleyes:

Help would be appreciated though...of course. smile.gif

Jordan "AstroCat"

Originally posted by Limey:

Yeah quite right too.

C'mon somebody - lets see Mr Noobie's mods back up. AstroCat has done his bit, isn't there anyone else who can make some re-posts??

Originally posted by MikeyD:

One reason why mods may not be being reuploaded could be simple CM burnout. Some of us have been playing CM in one for or another for 3 years straight! Reuploading an old mod so another 25 people can get hold of it doesn't have the same 'sparkle' as the first posting of the first mod of a particular vehicle.

That's kind of what I figured. I came late to CMBB as I was still engrossed in CMBO when it was released, so I missed out on the CMBB mods the first time around. I thought there might be other modsluts like myself who'd like to get their hands on some of the stuff that hadn't made it back up after the crash, though, so I figured I'd ask.

Many thanks for putting some of Mr Noobies mods back on cmmods AstroCat. smile.gif

All the un-named ones were his apart from 'Dusty BA6&10' which belonged to Zigwied.

If you have a zip called 'suset' - that is ALL Mr Noobies SU mods in a single pack. It is about 26MB in size I think - I KNOW there are lots of people would appreciate it being re-uploaded.

Again - many thanks for making the effort smile.gif

18megs or so and it's on the way...I'll try and get all of my Soviet non-winter mods back up soon. I am skipping ones by Andrew Fox, Limey, Mike Duplessis, Flesh and Gautrek. All others I have I will try and upload. Enjoy... and if anyone has some I don't please go ahead and upload them! smile.gif

Jordan "AstroCat"

BUMPED to ask a BIG FAVOUR of AstroCat.

I'm worried you may lose interest before you complete the upload of Noobies' mods. :(

Sooooo if you have them I was wondering if you could load his final set of T34's. He did 5 packs in all and they would be called something like 'T34M41', 'T34M41cast', 'T34M42', T34M43early', T34M43late'.

I may not have got the names of the zips quite right but they will be easily identified by the fact that each should be about 5MB in size because they contained a summer version, a whitewash version and a snow version. The pic in the zip will show all 3 versions.

I know yhis is a lot to ask but I just want these to complete my Noobie mods. Hope you can do it.

Thanks smile.gif

No, it's totaly cool...I'll see what I got tonight and upload it. I presume since these include winter versions these are not the same as the CMMOS ones he did?

I have all the CMMOS CMBB mods that came out but I might be missing some of the non-cmmos ones. Actually there are a few I might be asking for soon. smile.gif

Anway, check later tonight and they should be up.

Jordan "AstroCat"

BUMPED to ask a BIG FAVOUR of AstroCat.

I'm worried you may lose interest before you complete the upload of Noobies' mods. :(

Sooooo if you have them I was wondering if you could load his final set of T34's. He did 5 packs in all and they would be called something like 'T34M41', 'T34M41cast', 'T34M42', T34M43early', T34M43late'.

I may not have got the names of the zips quite right but they will be easily identified by the fact that each should be about 5MB in size because they contained a summer version, a whitewash version and a snow version. The pic in the zip will show all 3 versions.

I know yhis is a lot to ask but I just want these to complete my Noobie mods. Hope you can do it.

Thanks smile.gif

Ok, it looks like I have 3 of them:

T34M41CASTTURRET.ZIP

T34M42.ZIP

T34M43NCEARLY.ZIP

...so I uploaded the ones I got. Let me know if you find the others...

Jordan "AstroCat"

Thanks Jordan. No these were never CMMOS'd. He did them some time after his CMMOS T34's and they were his best by far. They were only posted to cmmods. I will hang around to see what you find. Here's hoping........ ;)

Haha...no problem, I've had such a good time with all the cm mods, I figured it's time to give something back! smile.gif

Besides, there are few I could use myself to finish off the sets I use when playing. smile.gif

Happy Holidays to you too! :D

Jordan "AstroCat"

Many thanks Jordan. 3 outa 5 ain't bad!

I will leave you in peace now.

Have a great Christmas.

:D

[ December 17, 2003, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: AstroCat ]

Well, he did re-upload a bunch of them but your right, not all of them. Let me ask him if it would be ok and if he's cool with it I will re-upload the ones I have.

Jordan "AstroCat"

Originally posted by Paddington:

Why wont you upload andrewtfs mods?

I really miss the nice uniform mods he made...