Premature scenario end

I really enjoy this game but have one problem. Sometimes the game ends way before the # of scenario turns expire. This leaves me a little dissatisfied sometimes especially when both sides are down to 1 tank each and I've just got into position for a rear shot. Next thing the scenario is over before I get a chance to fire.

I realize this can happen due to lack of activity or low morale, but is there a way to toggle this off. This is especially annoying when 2 humans are playing, we are down to the nitty gritty and the computer reports both sides areed to a cease fire!

I've tried bumping up the turns but to no avail. The only trick I discovered was to have each side recieve a trivial (e.g.sniper) reinforement on a late turn. This seems to keep the game going. Is there a better way??

Any info on this would be appreciated.

Unexpected game end appears to be *slightly* more common in CMBB than in CMBO or CMAK. For me it seems to happen when everybody's ammo runs critically low. I recall a thread on this topic some time ago but I don't believe any work-around solutions were offered, besides the obvious 'Next time win the game decisively!" ;)

If you are playing QBs and really want to 'fight to the death', there are a few partial work-arounds:

1) Play Assaults. Casualty and Ammo expenditure tolerances are higher for Assault type games. IIRC, they are lowest for MEs and Probes.

2) If you *really* want to fight to the last man and bullet, pick a higher point force that you actually want to play. For example, if you want to play a 1000 pt. QB, pick 1500 pts. force size, but agree with your opponent that you will set the 'extra' 500 pts. worth of units off in some corner of the map where they won't engage. The lack of casualties and ammo expenditure among these 'extra' units will mean that the rest of your forces will be more inclined to keep duking it out.

Cheers,

YD

This is a lucky coincidence I would be to send a post about stupid premature automatically caesefire...My situation is turn 27 over 35+ one infantry platoon against one infantry platoon human/Cpu, enemy platoon is defending a VPL and reach a whole pinned situation, on my hands I have some ammo in rear like 10 for each squad, and in the forward squads instead have 6 -8 ammo, but i planned a next turn final assault, and i have full of grenades and molotov too, but stupid AI decides NO, it ends with auto-caesefire and i suffered a total defeat....when the next turn with the last assault could to be decisive to got a total victory.... it was too difficult to implement a simply script that ask a human player to accept or no the caesefire??? Considered that also in real life most of epic and valourous victories are gain allover in small army situations, with last disperate low ammo assaults.....

Sincerely

KotH

One of wishlist fix that.

p.s. If Assault play, resolve that, its okay and you can trash my objection smile.gif .

[ April 01, 2004, 05:06 AM: Message edited by: kingofthehill ]