Some questions for Tank Grogs

Thanks JPS, Firefly,

digging up the old threads:

Moon said:

""Good optics" is a "better" rating (game-wise) than "dual-mag optics". The Tiger I optics, while certainly dual-mag, were also among the best optics out there from what I have seen, and therefore qualify for "good optics". In other words - the rating in the game is primarily based on the game and combat performance, and not (only) the feature(s) of the optics.

In CMBB the JT has ?narrow optics?, but sounds more like ?long-range? or even ?very long-range optics?.

"Narrow optics" basically includes the "long-range" feature, as most optics with a narrow field of view are optics with high magnification. However, "narrow" is "worse" than "long-range", meaning that the overall optical quality was poor and/or that the field of view was extremely narrow. In the case of the 2/1, it's mainly the latter. The field of view was extremely narrow according to my sources (FOV 4°), among the most narrow sights there were. As a comparision, the TZF 12 (Panther) has a FOV of 27°-28°."

Going by rating system, i would gather from the above quotes that:

"Good Optics" is better than "Dual-Mags"

"Long Range" is better than "Narrow"

can i assume that

Dual Mags is generally better (rating wise) than the Binocular

&

Very Long Range is better (rating-wise) than "Long Range"

hmmmm, most interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

a couple of futher questions:

- What is the calculation of Armor for TOP ? The numbers for Vickers T-26E is 6 Deck, 10 Turret while the numbers for T-34 os just 20. What do the numbers mean ?

- What happened after August 1944 for Finland ? Did the war end for Finland in August 1944 ? I found no error messages when I chose may 1945, Finland Axis. Except that it defaulted back to August 1944.

- Thirdly, what constitute a team versus a squad ? Is a 2 man tank hunter considered a Team ?

An update on the Unofficial CMBB Vehicle Database (UCMBBVDB), the main db has been populated from Wolfe's CMBB spreadsheet (with his kind permission), and new fields has been created, here are the screen shots:

main screen:

main.jpg

bottom half- tab screen for armor thickness etc:

armordetails.jpg

bottom half - tab screen for rarity and cost

rarity.jpg

picture gallery (maximum of 4 + 1)

gallery.jpg

note, the grey bar under each picture can be clicked to open up a bigger picture, (below)

single.jpg

Well, it is still very rough and lacks proper search function etc, and it lacks blast value database, graphics is still not aligned, details needs to be broken into further granularity etc.....

Any mac users out there want to help me populate/check additional data like rarity/costs/pictures etc ?

Originally posted by laxx:

- What happened after August 1944 for Finland ? Did the war end for Finland in August 1944 ? I found no error messages when I chose may 1945, Finland Axis. Except that it defaulted back to August 1944.

In August, after the Soviet offensive had stalled, Finns were negotiating with the Soviets about preconditions for peace negotiations. One of them was a cease fire that began on 4th of September, although in some places Soviets continued shooting until the next morning.

An interim peace with Soviets was negotiated in Moscow on September 19 (the final peace agreement was made in 1947).

As a part of the terms for peace, Finland was required to remove or intern all German forces in Finland. The units in southern Finland were withdrawn by request, but the XX Gebirgs Armee in northern parts was in no hurry, as demobilized Finnish army couldn't do anything. They withdrew from the last corner of Finland by April, 1945.

As a funny fact, the state of war against Germany continued until April 12, 1945, and there is still no peace agreement between Finland and Germany.

- Thirdly, what constitute a team versus a squad ? Is a 2 man tank hunter considered a Team ?
Yeah. A sniper is a team. Of course logically one would suppose you could load 10 snipers into a truck just like a 10-man squad, but nope. Squad is something that can be divided into half-squads. Ie. if a 9-man squad loses four men, it is considered to be a team and can embark, say, a jeep.

AFAIK, units with six men or more are squad-sized, while under that they are teams. Can anyone confirm?

[ March 04, 2003, 05:43 AM: Message edited by: Sergei ]

hi Guys,

i have a question here regarding the AA ht 251/21,

the main gun is the MG151, if I were to use the convention, xxx/Lyy, what would it be ?

i know it either had 3x 1.5cm MG151/15 or 2cm MG151/20 gun

could I possibly (!) list it as 3 x 15/L15 gun ?

6 and under constitutes a team (note that this includes early war 6 man pioneer squads and single man snipers)

7 and over constitutes a squad (note that this includes 7 man crewed weapons, such as the 88mm flak and 82 mm mortar)

A vehicle rated to carry a 'squad' can carry any single squad plus a unit of up to 2 men (sniper, FOs, tank hunters, section HQs) or two teams

A 'team' rated vehicle can carry one team of six or under, regardless of it's source (note that this means that squads which split into more than 6 man teams cannot then be carried on 'team' rated vehicles [examples include 13 man Sturmgruppe]