Too much CMBB?

I just setup a new PBEM yesterday, a large one, "beta" version of Flammenwerfer's new Kursk scenario. Of course I indulged in a pretty thorough map study, considered what defenders I would be likely to face and where they might be located, and placed my own units carefully, checking lines of sight and approach, etc. I thought I had it wired.

Then last night, absolutely no kidding, I had a dream. A disembodied voice guided me around the map, saying things like: "His ATG will be here, and your tanks will be charging into them...the line of approach you've chosen for company B looks clear but the last 100m are open and covered by his MGs...If you advance some of your armor here they will be hulldown and command this large swath of the battlefield...remember not to spread yourself thin but concentrate overwhelming force at the point of decision."

Of course as soon as I woke this morning I reopened the scenario and flew around the map, and everything I had been "told" in my dream made sense. I'd already emailed the setup file to my opponent yesterday, but I'd tried as always to set up my forces where they would be out of view at turn 1. So I think I will make a substantial realignment before advancing.

Flammenwerfer tells me his map is based on a topo of the historical battle...I wonder if it is accurate enough to conjure the spirit of a German tank ace? :) Not that I really believe that channelling stuff, and besides my dream voice didn't have a German accent....

Maybe I need to take a break from CMBB....but no, what does that guy's sig line say? "Too much of anything is wonderful!"

- Matt

Originally posted by Jagdwyrm:

You might want to throw out your bread.

ergot = LSD

where can I get some of that bread ;)

St Anthony's Fire Correct?

It boggles my mind that an organic molecule as intricate and complicated as LSD (with all its mind expanding effects) can form on moldy wheat bread?

then some people eat it and then get high?

HOW crazy is THAT?

I think that folks that ingested hallucinogens like Peyeote Magic Mushrooms and Ergot from wheat mold ACTUALLY invented GOD and spirituality and all the out of body stuff LONG LONG ago.... ;)

-tom w

Well as for hallucinogens... i just want to know one thing... who was the first person that actually thought about licking a toads ass??? had that person been trying other methods? "hmmm ive licked a sheeps ass, a rats ass and a hummingbirds ass, but i think that ill lick a toads ass now and see if that has any effect"... well

strange anyway...

LOL....no I didn't have any magic mushrooms or moldy bread last night, just a glass of port and some blue cheese....at least I _think_ that was blue cheese, found it in the back of the icebox...

As for licking toads: when you consider some of the things people put in their mouths, you have to figure that in olden times people got a lot hungrier than we generally do today...

- Matt

Originally posted by Oddball_E8:

Well as for hallucinogens... i just want to know one thing... who was the first person that actually thought about licking a toads ass??? had that person been trying other methods? "hmmm ive licked a sheeps ass, a rats ass and a hummingbirds ass, but i think that ill lick a toads ass now and see if that has any effect"... well

strange anyway...

You are what you eat, or lick for that matter.....

Originally posted by SFJaykey:

Then last night, absolutely no kidding, I had a dream. A disembodied voice guided me around the map, saying things.........

When that disembodied voice starts giving out the numbers for the next mega millions lottery, could you buy a ticket for me? (Ol' buddy, ol' pal, ol' friend).

Sincerely,

Private Poor House

how about CMx2? with a better name though, please ;) ? BTW that LSD isn't to complicated (especially compared to designer drugs :eek: ) Hell, I could probably make something of it in my garage, with just a 13 year old's chemistry set :D . Consider that these kinds of drugs were developed by the US military in the 50s (for 'improving' their soldiers LOL), about the same time as PVC and other rather simple polymeric plastics... smile.gif

Just to chip in: ergot isn't LSD, although LSD is a derivative of ergot; both interfere with neurotransmitter function, but LSD has different effects than ergot by itself. Ergot has been used for ages for healing purposes, especially in midwifery for inducing labour.

Besides, most people chuck out perfectly good food just because it's a bit moldy, which is wasteful. A little bit of mold never killed anybody (I think).

Originally posted by KanaljeFätter:

(snip...)

Consider that these kinds of drugs were developed by the US military in the 50s (for 'improving' their soldiers LOL) (snip...)

Actually, Dr. Albert Hofmann worked for Sandoz in Basel, Switzerland, when he made and tested LSD in 1943.

I know that bashing the USA is on fashion now, but keep your facts straight.

Straif

[ May 06, 2003, 02:54 AM: Message edited by: Straif ]