A worthy PBEM opponent - a post of honor.

I nominate Lurkur for the title of "best PBEM opponent". Our first game was over a year ago in the first round of the ol' Fellowship of the Newbie Tourney, and we've had continuous games going ever since. We're evenly matched (I guess some would consider that an insult coming from me), he has a great sense of humor, and he's always forgiving when I forget to send turns, which happens a lot I'm afraid. Don't know what else you could ask for.

Guy

P.S. Cpl Carrot, if you're reading this, thanks once again for organizing that tourney. I had a great time. And if anyone is reading this and wondering if you should participate in whatever newbie tourney is currently being organized--do it!!

I'm glad the tourney found you a good partner GWDWD. It was one of things I was hoping for when I took over the role from Super Ted.

As for PBEM partners, well I would have to say Fangorn and Holien arn't too shaby. They are most understanding when I lose to them ;)

But my time will come. Or hell freezes over.

Cpl Carrot

My list of honor!!

Skeg the Aussie!! A true warrior!!

Dragon Army (Vaders Jester)

Chris Garcia

The Musgrave

Sonke (Scheer)

John Bertles

Harold Moye

Jason (Troy)

Lou2000 (sorry our connection sucked)

Joe (Where are you??)

Andres R

These guys are gentlemen warriors and I am glad to go to battle with them anytime.

BigMik1

[ April 26, 2003, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: BigMik1 ]

BigMik1 - - Lou2000 (sorry our connection sucked)

Yeah we did have a few problems with emails getting rejected .... Thanks for the comments.

If you are still looking for a game I should have be OK for another go in 2 or 3 days. I still have yr email address - just call and we can go again.

In addition to BigMik1 .... I'd like to mention a few name who have made my PBEMing enjoyable..

Only mentioning those who I have played multiple games against.

Athkatla .... always there when I need a game ...always returns the moves quickly.

Sgt_Kelly .... only on our second game ... but as reliable as hell !

Nevermind ... we didnt finnish our first game, but that was a mutual decision - straight into another.

Cris (not sure of forum name)... we played 2 games and he easily 'destroyed' me each time ... I learnt quite a lot from those defeats.

Maybe time to play again ! (Sorry I couldnt make Loughborough.

I'd also like to thank all those in the NOWT tournament, even the ones I've not played (especially Apache). Thanks Gents :cool:

There ya go ... I've joined the 'group-hug' thread :D

Guess I'll join the Opponent Appreciation Society.

Lt. Hortlund: Really turning into an online friend as well as an opponent.

Becket: Fun to play whether he is beating you or you are beating him.

Aussie Jeff: Just a real good guy.

lenakonrad: The only time I get turns faster is when I play the AI. Pretty funny guy too.

Sgt Kelly: One of the guys I really look forward to hearing from.

Nidan1: Even if he is an old jarhead he's still a nice guy.

Horus: Unfortunatly he seems to have fallen off the face of the earth.

PBIman: Really fun opponent, even if he is a Brit.

This list is in no order, I just typed them as they bubbled into my head. I would play any of them in any scenario at any time.