Mods We Need

I am in awe of the talent that you artists are able to put into your CMBB mods. In awe!

Lacking such talent, I can only download the work of others. One thing I'm trying to do is gather winter mods for every vehicle in the game. I have everything I can find for CMMOS, and I've scoured the usual modsites, but here are the vehicles that still need a winter coat of paint. Please let me know if I've missed something out there!

(All are gelb:)

Lynx (Pz IIL)

Pz IVG

Pz IVG (late)

Pz IVH

Brummbar/SturmPanzer IV (late)

Panther (Pz VA)

Panther (Pz VG)

Panther (Pz VG late)

Tiger (Pz VIE)

Tiger (Pz VIE late)

CMMOS vehicle mods are done and it is only a matter of days before you will be downloading them. They are going to be posted around 20 or so a week.

Around 70+ mods, vehicles and terrain which included gridded terrain, has been done.

I also got my German Uniform mods essentially done and only need to incorporate some suggestions by Becket and those will be made available.

In time EVERY mod on CM Mod Database will be in CMMOS.

MikeT

Excellent news! Many thanks!

Just to clarify: I don't know of any mods (CMMOS or not) for the gelb versions of the vehicles I listed above. I may have overlooked something, but so far these are the tanks that still stand out green (or yellowish) in the snow.

Skies, skies, skies, skies, SKIES! Especially that godawful pixellated mess of an overcast disaster. I cringe when I see it in screenshots on website reviews.

I have genuinely tried to do something with them myself using Magua's CMBO beauties, but it's a total nightmare with duplicated and reversed .bmps for each type of sky. So I've probably put off any potential modder right there, and as I've carped on about it a zillion times before I ain't holding my breath.

Note: this is a request for SKIES, if you try and work on SKIS you will find that they are hardcoded (but thanks anyway smile.gif )

Rex, that 'godawful pixellated mess of an overcast disaster' you talk about looks that way becuase CM's engine uses 16 bit colour, and that particular texture is being stretched over such a wide area. When making textures over such a large are they need to be dithered or you will get banding across their surface, which looks even worse.

As we now have textures that do not repeat, this allows us to have a proper sunrise and sunset but as a trade off, the textures for skies are actually equal resoluation than those in CMBO, and thus it is really hard to much with them. Id say that this is why you have yet to see any that have been created...they are bloody hard to make and have them look any good at all (unless you make them one single colour which actually looks worse).

Once we get to the rewrite CM will be in 32 bit colour which will eliminate this problem. smile.gif

Dan

[ February 17, 2003, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]