I'm P.O'd $50.00 in the toilet. BF please read

Originally posted by sledge_57:

............snip.......................

But seriously, my point was I didn't know I was getting the Euro/CDV version when I bought it from Chips-N-Bits. I incorrectly thought I was buying the US version. I was buying from a U.S. company, .........snip.......

If I hadn't been so giddy from the thought of finally getting the game I would have done further research.

.....snip........

That further research should have included: ;)

1. Looking at the 'DVD' case Packing

2. Looking at the 'Combat Mission 2' game name on the packing and manual.

3. Looking at the CDV logo on the front of the packing and manual.

4. Looking at the CDV logo on the spine of the packing.

5. Looking at the CDV logo on the back of the packing and manual.

6. Looking at the 'CDV software Entertainment AG' label on the back of the manual.

.......and in response to those who say the CDV version takes 45 or more to load .... i timed mine ... it takes 7 secs if you click the screen when you see that damn CDV logo and 15 secs to load if you dont ! :rolleyes: and has no ill effect on my CD / DVD drive. Perhaps the problem lies somewhere else .... hardware or system config maybe !

Dont get me wrong - I HATE CDV. They have done European CM players (and BFC) no favours at all, you ony have to visit their site to see how little effort they put into CM, but you cant blame CDV if you got 'conned' by a US company that decided to break the rules.

Get back to the company concerned and DEMAND a refund .... pick the busiest part of the day to do it and pick the most harrassed, busiest and stressed looking checkout assistant as your first 'target' if you are loud enough and insistant enough they'll refund yr cash ... just to shut you up in front of all their other 'paying' customers :D

Lou2000

....That further research should have included:

1. Looking at the 'DVD' case Packing

2. Looking at the 'Combat Mission 2' game name on the packing and manual.

3. Looking at the CDV logo on the front of the packing and manual.

4. Looking at the CDV logo on the spine of the packing.

5. Looking at the CDV logo on the back of the packing and manual.

6. Looking at the 'CDV software Entertainment AG' label on the back of the manual........

These are great suggestions, if only I could see all this when I bought it ONLINE! I didn't buy it at a store so your "research" doesn't really apply does it?

Bob

[ February 20, 2003, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: sledge_57 ]

I also bought a Comp USA version. I don't have the most up to date computer anymore,(it's running at 500mgz), But it takes me almost 25 minutes to install the game. Is it like that for everyone? I had to do it a couple times because I kept getting error messages.

Mord

Originally posted by Mord:

I also bought a Comp USA version. I don't have the most up to date computer anymore,(it's running at 500mgz), But it takes me almost 25 minutes to install the game. Is it like that for everyone? I had to do it a couple times because I kept getting error messages.

Mord

Installing does take a long time on any computer - although I'm not sure whether it takes that long. There are a lot of large files to unpack; I've forgotten how big CMBB installs, but I think it's around 1.5 gigs.