How to; question on Operations

I would like to design an operation where two sides start in the MIDDLE of the map, and then the sides will shift backwards and forwards depending on the fates of war. However I've noticed you can only seem to start at one end(West east south or north)

Is there a clever way around this?

yep, V-Waffe is right,

to reach your goal: make a static map, remind that you chose only the height/length(depend which directions N-S, W-O) and so don`t make it too big, BECAUSE, both former "starting-positions-at-map-end" must be inbound..(as follows:)

i tried what you want, but had to drop the idea, cause my map was too big, so i could only see half the planned fighting area in the middle of map...but for you, to place a map that moves both directions..in whole-battle-turns, isn`t possible as far as i think(cm wasn`t made for this, and this high-mobile-movement battle without clear difference between offence and defence is as i know the way of fighting of our times..not WWII )[PzDiv haben auch nen Marschbefehl,..eigentlich..hehe..Nachts um halb eins..!] :D

Danke, fur ihren gedanken

As I understand your comments your saying an operation will not work in this way and only way to do this is a static battle?

I was afraid of that. I tried some experiments and it didn't seem to work. Thanks for your expertise.

Hans

Danke, fur ihren gedanken

As I understand your comments your saying an operation will not work in this way and only way to do this is a static battle?

I was afraid of that. I tried some experiments and it didn't seem to work. Thanks for your expertise.

Hans