DAMN that was a good game.

4/43, midday, fair weather, me defending the AI axis assault with its +1 experience.

would the board think it "gamey" that i had trenches stretched across the width of the map? with my brave pioneers in the patches of trees between.

ahhhh, the sweet noise of top penetrations as my stout boys took out 8 stugs. 6 crack, 1 veteran, 1 elite. they made me proud.

special mention must go to Ser Iudichev regular pioneer squad:

while defending a vital patch of woods to the right of the centre, Ser Iudichev stood fast against a hoard of nazi infantry. causing at least 10 casualties he stood his ground.

keeping good dicipline within his squad even with 4 out of 9 men wounded he managed to also destroy a mortar. then, as the germans tried to assault with armour, the squad attacked out of the trees. Ser Iudichev personally placed the demo charge that destroyed a StuG IIIF/8.

for this i recommend him for the order of lenin.

Someone in an earlier patch said it was too bad there wasn't an option to award medals for meritorious service to our little virtual soldiers. Just last night a Finnish infantry squad under my command took out a Russian ISU-152 with molotovs while under fire. Brave men indeed!