Request for Mod: Rocky Terrain

Does anyone know of any mods for "rocky" terrain? If you do, please give me the location.

If such a mod does not exist, I request that one of our resident mod gurus please create one.

I'm playing a scenario with quite a bit of rocky terrain, and it's tough on these eyeballs discerning the rocky terrain from the clear terrain.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Originally posted by Agua:

DD's terrain pack includes a mod for rocky terrain. I'd give you a screen shot, as I think you'd want to check it out first before installing it, but I don't have a hosting site.

If you have that mod installed, could you send me that particular .bmp?

Unfortunately, I have no idea what number that .bmp is.

I just uploaded a small Rocky Terrain mod at cmmods.com. Check out if that's what you are searching for. Nothing big, just the original bitmaps with tweaked brightness, contrast and color balance. Now the rocks (and the rough terrain, which uses the same graphics) are lighter collored. Like limestone or suchlike. I did only the "summer" version, as lighter rocks under snow won't improve visibility.

Originally posted by MJO:

I just uploaded a small Rocky Terrain mod at cmmods.com. Check out if that's what you are searching for. Nothing big, just the original bitmaps with tweaked brightness, contrast and color balance. Now the rocks (and the rough terrain, which uses the same graphics) are lighter collored. Like limestone or suchlike. I did only the "summer" version, as lighter rocks under snow won't improve visibility.

MJO (Tom?),

Thanks you so much. That definitely has helped me see the rocks much better. Thanks for taking the time to do that.

I hope my opponent Wesriedau grabs this mod as well, or he may be in for something he is quite unaware of. Wes, you reading this?

Chris

Originally posted by Wesreidau:

Aye lad! I`ll be grabbing that mod asap so as my Guards Armoured Division are sure to channel themselves through the grassland, and, no doubt, your ambushes ;)

Heh heh...little do you know, but I colaborated to replace all your open ground tiles with rocky tiles. Good luck avoiding my AT ambushes now you fiendishly clever opponent you.

Blackhorse,

nice to hear that you like it. Thank you. And yes, MJO that's me (Tom), or better it was. Now I'm TomL. Not to confuse you folks, only because Tom as displayed name is in use by someone else allready. I couldn't figure out why I had chosen MJO, so I just changed it to TomL.

Tom (aka MJO, aka TomL) smile.gif

Originally posted by Blackhorse:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Agua:

DD's terrain pack includes a mod for rocky terrain. I'd give you a screen shot, as I think you'd want to check it out first before installing it, but I don't have a hosting site.

If you have that mod installed, could you send me that particular .bmp?

Unfortunately, I have no idea what number that .bmp is. </font>

I've checked my mail. There is nothing in it. I do have terrain elements displayed. I still can't see the bleeding things. Oh, they are being displayed properly, yes. If I go to view 2 I can see them, if they are right in front of me. But I need to be able to see them from view 4 or view 7, and they are just a few grey dots in a green patch, and practically invisible.

No, the "rocky" I'd like to look more like the current "rough", while the "rough" could be a grey background tile (akin to "pavement"), as though it is a continuous boulder criss-crossed with fissures and such. Then I might actually see the bleeding things before driving over them.

As it is, my choice is view 2 for every vehicle every move, or scanning with the LOS tool on the views I use more often. If that is not possible (as doodads), then just make the doodads as large as possible, and as ungreen as possible.

Incidentally, can someone also point me to some gridded grass with sharper constrast between elevation levels? Same kind of problem. I need to read the terrain, not sit back and admire the view.

Ah. Sorry for the ambiguity. I didn't intend for that final "check your mail" to be included in the post. I sent the .bmps to Blackhorse only. I agree they are not the easiest thing to see, though I personally thought DD's mod enhanced the visibility. Have you tried the grass textures for the "Real Color" Mod in combination with DD's rocky? The grass textures are, hmmmm, subdued? less intensely green? less vibrant? In any event, the combo works pretty well for me, but I normally play at view levels "2" and "3".