On a related issue, does the computer factor in incoming fire when calculating aircraft attacks. Research has shown that a pilot's accuracy can be greatly affected by just putting a lot of stuff into the air. AA weapons tend to keep their tracer loads not only for aiming but so that the pilots see things whizzing by them. You feel awful lonely when the air around you seems to be filled with tracer and flack, even if it isn't really effective. Of course, veteran pilots react better but it is a very real factor.

AA fire may casue the plane not to appear or to disappear sooner than planned, but once the plane is over the battlefield it is unaffected by AA fire.
Absolutely untrue. I've been able to determine (whenever I've cared) the precise time when an aircraft was shot down by AA fire through careful observation.

[ April 21, 2003, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: demoss ]

Originally posted by demoss:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> AA fire may casue the plane not to appear or to disappear sooner than planned, but once the plane is over the battlefield it is unaffected by AA fire.

Absolutely untrue. I've been able to determine (whenever I've cared) the precise time when an aircraft was shot down by AA fire through careful observation. </font>