Failure for SC 2 to Start

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=262d25e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&displaylang=en

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0C1B0A88-59E2-4EBA-A70E-4CD851C5FCC4&displaylang=en

It solved a few problems for other programs for me. Since they were having problems with .net 3.0

There are many more things to tweak about vista. Just google a bit on Vista tweaks.

Hey Hubert, I did some experimenting:

The lag is gone or greatly reduced over the oceans, like the Atlantic. As I scroll from the Atlantic to Europe (East), the speed progressively slows down as more land/units come into view.

CPU shows 26% usage and the RAM is at 65%.

Well I disabled every useless Vista program/feature I could find and it plays a LITTLE better, but not much.

Then the sound driver mysteriously disapears off of the computer and I have to reinstall it.

And I'll bet the computer's power is being used to verify 30 times a second that it isn't being used for DVD piracy (I'm not kidding either).

Microsoft will collapse someday from its own incompetence.

Edit to add:

And now Internet Explorer isn't working properly. I am THIS close to returning this thing and finding a used computer with XP.