entrenchement bug

After downloading the new patch I noticed a bug with French entrenchment. After attacking across the Maginot line with French forces they immediately became entrenched at level 3, which should not even be possible since they are on a river hex. Also the other French units that I moved to the Maginot line got level 4 entrenchment that same turn. Has anyone else experienced this?

With v1.03 the new entrenchment rules are as follows:

- land units that move into a friendly fortress/fortification now automatically entrench up to 1/2 the max entrenchment value

- land units that start a turn within a friendly fortress/fortification now automatically entrench up to 1/2 max entrenchment

regardless of initial entrenchment value

• 2 months later...

I think this is a bug. If a land unit enters an enemy fortification that gets destroyed it still receives half the max entrenhment value. And it keeps the entrenchment value as long as the unit stays on the tile.

Hubert, this is not according to your description above. The keyword there is "friendly".