Tommy, British insignias

I've discovered a nice and probably pretty old site, called Tommy, The British Soldier in Combat Mission with a series of great looking insignias at http://britmods.freehosting.net/cmbrit.htm

The problem is that the link to the insignia downloads seems to be dead. I wonder whether there is another site where they can be downloaded.

That was my site. There is no other site for downloading them, but I thought that a better set had been created and CMMOSed?

The problem with free hosting services is they eventually start to plaster your site with ads, demand money, etc. I abandoned the site without having the ability to remove it.

Sorry for the confusion.

Michael,

I'm not sure whether I understand you correctly. So there is a CMMOS-mod available for Allied uniforms, which also allows the possibility to change the shoulder insignias, for example for the 51st Highland or 43rd Wessex division? And if so where can it be found? As far as I know there is no Allied Uniforms CMMOS Mod, but I might be wrong. I sure hope so...

Originally posted by aragorn2002:

Michael,

I'm not sure whether I understand you correctly. So there is a CMMOS-mod available for Allied uniforms, which also allows the possibility to change the shoulder insignias, for example for the 51st Highland or 43rd Wessex division? And if so where can it be found? As far as I know there is no Allied Uniforms CMMOS Mod, but I might be wrong. I sure hope so...

Darknight was working on one and had compiled info on every Canadian and British battalion to serve in NW Europe. Not sure what happened with the project, but probably real life caught up.

Perhaps with the engine rewrite or even CMAK it is something I would want to revisit myself, but Darknight's work far surpassed my own. Mike T is happilly CMMOSing everything in sight, so perhaps someday...

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

... I abandoned the site without having the ability to remove it. ...

:( Does that mean the article, and related scenario, on CW artillery in CM is gone too? :(

Regards

JonS

[ May 13, 2003, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: JonS ]

Actually, I believe Darknight completed the project. The insignia project. In a letter, he mentioned something about site space preventing publication, as the end result of his effort became quite huge.

He was quite able to mail me insignias I needed though, of which some quite obscure. Very fine ones it was too. A sample is viewable in an in-game shot here.

The screenshot does not however do justice to Andrews uniforms, as they are te,porarily mixed here with another mod, evident by the not-matching webbing (side and rear). But the point was the shoulderpatches.

Regards

Dandelion

[ May 14, 2003, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: Dandelion ]

I just redid CMMOS for CMBO and I have downloaded nearly every vehcile and uniform mod I can find.

I did contact Darknight but never received any response.

If anyone has that mod please let me know.

I am also look around for another mod, I believe Clubfoot did a Normandy beach mod. I would like to have a look at it as well.

MikeT

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by MikeT:

I just redid CMMOS for CMBO and I have downloaded nearly every vehcile and uniform mod I can find.

I did contact Darknight but never received any response.

If anyone has that mod please let me know.

MikeT

I have that mod. tongue.gif

Actually, I was away on family vacation for all of May and wasn't monitoring the forum. I am still interested in making this available to everyone in a CMMOS format but I'm not sure if you received my email. Drop me a line and we can discuss it.

Oh yeah, I am also in the VERY early stages of collating the necessary research for the Commonwealth units in the MTO. ;)