Password problem?

Guest Mike

In a PBEM at the moment my files do not get password protection - I never got the option - but my opponent's ones do. (using 1.03)

Is this a bug? I can't see it being a feature!! lol

Which makes me wonder about my otehr game, which I started as teh allies & did the same.

Norse - are you reading this - do you ahve password protection on yor game files - maybe I'll pop home for lunch and check!! redface.gif

Originally posted by Mike:

Which makes me wonder about my otehr game, which I started as teh allies & did the same.

Norse - are you reading this - do you ahve password protection on yor game files - maybe I'll pop home for lunch and check!! redface.gif

Yey smile.gif

I didn't add a password for the axis, but there is a password for the allies there. ;)

My wrong, first PBEM etc., btw, where is the gamefile?? I want it ;)

Hmm....maybe it's just finger trouble - I did a wee test and had no problems with entering passwords for both sides, and it asked for them at hte right time too...oh well smile.gif

Norse - where's my turn??!

Hubert, perhaps this belongs in the Tech section, but since the topic is PBEM passwords...

What happens is this: when the pop-up box for entering your password comes up, I cannot type in the password -- when I work the keys, nothing happens, nothing appears on the sign-line.

So, I cancel the box, and try again, and NOW it accepts my password -- but, ALWAYS refuses the first time, and ALWAYS works the second time. :confused:

Used to be, I could not get the pop-up box announcing -- "use your alt-tab to close..." to work, I had to hit the "escape" key.

Now, this seems to mostly work, but the other problem persists. I am inclined to think first of gremlins, but that is hardly empirical and accepted as a post-modern rationale -- any ideas?

(... this is not critical, the games go on without interruption, just wanted to let you know about a minor quirk on my system -- 1 year old computer with ME op sys, with all the up to date components, etc, but I have had no other difficulties thus far... ) smile.gif

As originally posted by Hubert Cater:

I'll have to double check the password input box, but I think that some of this may be as a result of some of the memory issues I was having previously.

Thanks. :cool: I played two more PBEM turns today, and the first time I COULD successfully type in the password, but -- the next time, once again I could not.

And now, the alt-tab sequence does not function.

The only way to work it, is to cancel the password box, and try again.

BTW, sometimes I will delete old PBEM game files before I try to load the incoming file, and sometimes not -- I haven't yet noticed if this action has some relation to the other problems?

[ September 02, 2002, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: Immer Etwas ]

Well, patch v 1.04 did NOT solve the problem of being unable to delete saved pbem games AND enter the password.

I don't think this is a major hang-up, but is this unique to my system?

In general, the pbem plays smoothly except for this quirky issue. Sometimes I cannot get the pbem box to close, and the "drum-beat" still plays when I minimize (have to use ESC about half the time).

No hurry on this, it's not critical. smile.gif