AAR : World Championship : Rambo #1 (Axis 330:2640) vs Terif #2 (Allies)

jon_j_rambo

Welcome to the World Championship of Strategic Command. In this corner Terif of Germany, ranked #2, European Community versus the current new Champion Jon J. Rambo of Boise, Idaho, United States of America, ranked #1 & reighing Champ.

Okay folks, I confess, I'm nervous, that is not good. I beat Zapp & Terif recently with new RACK strategy to grab the top spot. They both want a piece of me bad!

So we decided not to mess around, I got the Axis with the largest bid in gaming history. I gave 330 to UK & 2640 to Russia.

note: there was also a rule change to the Z-League. In the past there was only a 30% increase after a win, now is 50%. Will be explained by Zapp.

Off to the game >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rambo OUT

[ August 02, 2003, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Yes, after I lost my first game to Rambo we played immediately again. He lost after 1-2 hours to the LC gambit. He then decided to first give up a game against Zapp (without playing) and then reported his loss against me... therefore he stayed no 1... now the ranking system has been changed and such things cant happen again ;) .

Allies turn 1:

DOW Ireland. Axis transfered both tanks and one army west. Poland builds a defence line..

Oct. 39 --- HQ-Boch leades 16th & 19th Panzer thru the LC w/ support by 3-Luftwaffe units. The 10th Army marches into the East Ardennes on engages the French. Green German Corps take Brussels & another is operating SW of the capital.

In Poland, there is actually a line of defense, nice job Terif, that goes from North to South thru Warsaw. Von Rundseidt stays in command of the ground forces there.

Denmark, naval bombardment hits Cophenhagen as German Corp knocks on the door.

I'm Champ again, for now.

"It's been a long time baby" --- Elvis Presley in his 1968 Comeback Special.

[ August 02, 2003, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Danes are wiped out, occupation forces will enter next turn & plunder their cash.

Poles are missing a unit & I bang the air. The damaged Army marches backwards, not my command to give.

Ground attacks in the Ardennes, no causalties on either side.

French cruiser, cruises no more. German subs working North of Canada.

[ August 02, 2003, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Nov. 1939 --- I sent air units back to Berlin to finish off the Poles, smart move, needed that. Poles & Danes deposit their national treasuries to First Deutsh Bank.

Kampaign French is now in operation. I lost a Corp in the Elbow (Calais), the 3-shore bombardment landing zone for the UK. Terif loves to send those UK corps in. It was only a corp, worth the chance.

Heir Manstien is now in the front lines.

Turn 4 Allies:

Germany moved 2 airfleets back to Poland. Otherwise it would have been a long fight...

Warsaw conquered by Germany, polish forces seem to be demotivated. They surrendered despite their large number. Minor battles at the french border. German sub destroyed.

Jan. 1940 --- Okay, I've stacked up everything I have against the French now & bought some more air. Last turn my subs did dish a couple of hits to the Allied fleets, but it's a lost cause. Minor battles in France, I target the French Armies, cost more to reinforce.

March 1940 --- I kill one French corp, damage French Army. I'm a little bit exposed to a counter-attack, going to be close. Another Luftwaffe-Unit is placed in Brussels to get a Birdeye's View of the area. I put an Army into the Elbow (correction, there are 4-hexes which can shore bombard it), oh well. "If he dies, he dies" --- Dracko from Rocky IV. I need to up the action.

French-HQ is going to direct a counter.

Italian readiness 94% USA -2% Russia 38%

[ August 02, 2003, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

March 29, 1940 --- You know what usually happens in return. Germans drop 2-French Armies, full-control of Ardennes, staying out of the Elbow. Air supports hits French-HQ.

UK has stuffed 5-corps into the country side & M-Line.

[ August 02, 2003, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

May 1941 --- French Army & Canadian hit the causalty list. Terif has brought his "A" game. Will he push it & counter again? Those carriers are done in Ireland & are probably on their way. Scout planes see the entire Allied fleet in the English Channel. Looks like a parking lot for ships.

[ August 02, 2003, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

June 23, 1940:

The french units have to fight till the death smile.gif . Still no german unit in the vicinity of Paris.

French ships need some additional time to finish off german navy.

UK ships left the parking lot and moved to the North Sea. With a lucky dice role the blocking german sub got destroyed (attacked by 2 carriers). French and UK ships moved through the gap and additionally killed a german cruiser.

July 21, 1940:

German units reach Paris. Italy joins. France will fall next turn. French Hq and surviving armies sitting in England, watching what happens in their homeland...

Brest and Bordeaux occupied by UK corps and canadian army.