What is RRI ?

Desaix

Hello folks,

I read on some ARR with some home rules like : no landing on DOW on major and no RRI...

I see the landing aspect : to prevent the landing gambits on Dow on Russia or a landing next to Rome just when Italy joins...

But what is RRI ? RailRoad invasion ? Can someone clarify this ?

Desaix

If you only forbid the Rome invasion, then it usually means you are not allowed to take Rome during the first turn of the allied DoW on Italy.

After Axis had the chance to react, Allies canĀ“t take Rome any more as long as Axis protects it - so after the first turn it is allowed to conquer Rome.

But the normal italian gambit - i.e. destruction of the italian fleet and conquering of the other italian cities - is allowed in this case.

For some more details you can e.g. read:

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=003518

@Desaix --- Yes, there is a copyright on it, if you would like to use it, please send the royalties to Camp Rambo, Washington State, United States of America, care of Legend.

When I brought this move to market, I didn't take any victories from it, felt too guilty exploiting an obvious bug.

@Desi --- It would actually be a patton, would you like to compare real life pattons? You must be another fuzzy foriegner or a deadbeat American who likes to use American technology, consume the quality drug products that take years to produce, & pirate our music/videos and believe it's all free.

Enjoy my move smile.gif

Why don't you contact me ICQ# 234993018 for a game. I'll give you a free 6-pack of moves & a free headcracking.

[ October 30, 2004, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

@Desi --- Yes, an easy guess. Most foriegners trample on "pattons & copyrights" without respect. In the States, we take these issues more seriously, it's an attitude thing. That's why the United States invents, other copy smile.gif

Far as being French, well, I don't know any French dudes, you're the first, congrats! We will give you the honorary award of RFKF (Rambo's First Known Frenchie).

I'm sure you're a nice guy, good to meet you. I know nothing about your country except from wargames, movies, & the news. Do you dudes hang out all day, drink wine, & French bread? Have you ever been to the Eiffel Tower? The Louve (spelling?). I guess after Louie the 16th, Marie, & Napolean, you dudes have chilled out. There was a dude name Mr. French in the T.V. show Family Affair.

Everybody's All-American,

Rambo Sir Jock Sir Rock

[ October 31, 2004, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Basicly I am from Paris, but currently living in our old american colony (aka Canada)...

Yes, I guess you know nothing about France as you already said are form US... Effeil towr and le Louvre are for tourits...

And yes since Napoleon, we are chilling out, killing time by figthing Germany ervey couple of years (they lead 2-1 so far)... And of course wine, bread but mainly women... That must have been cut for US Tv I guess...

Despite all of this, I am quite new to the game (around 10 games against humans so far) but I will probably beat you soon Rambo... Just let me a bite of time to get used to all the stuff...

Desaix

Desaix is an up and coming star in the PBEM league. However my French friend in Canada - you will find Rambo and old pro by anyones standard and very hard to beat.

And remember you first have to get through me, which by the way I think you are doing well in our game, but I dont think it will be well enough.

@Desi --- Here's the link to ISCL (International Strategic Command League). As you see, I have my share of losses, mostly screwing around crazy strategies against the weak, gotta let them win every now & then to make them feel good.

http://www.myleague.com/iscl/

Feel free to join, you got the humor & are working on your game.

Welcome, welcome, welcome...

Everybody's All-American,

Captain Jon J. Rambo

• 2 weeks later...

Once I get back from this lousy audit i am currently performing, I will be more than happy to play the french dude ... I am not a pro, he ain't yet a pro, so the game has every chance to be interesting - cool mistakes, whacky moves, all the assortments ;)

Maybe we even draft an AAR for the crowd ... I bet they'll be veeeery interested to read a n00bish AAR tongue.gif