An idea for a Mod.

What if the Americans did cross the Elbe in 1945? That's the hypothesis from which this idea for a mod is based on. If there was an armistice on the western front and an agreement between the allies and Germany to fight together against Russia and push them out of europe. With Hitler disposed, the German generals throw what they have left into stemming the red tide alongside their new found allies.

Will this all be easily possible in SC2?

I'm into making a historical 1945-scenario for people to play now that interest is getting low and tech is killing the game. A fast-paced scenario is what we need for tourneys etc. Maybe we can join forces on making that?

I have two suggestions for start date. Either you start dec 16th with axis moving first and give that side a chance to reorganize or you can start at january 12, with the soviet offensive to reach the Oder.

Hey, i'm glad your interested in taking this on. I was actually thinking of staging it somewhat later than that, when the Americans crossed the Elbe opposite Berlin it was some time in April. I'm trying to find a specific date here in a few books.

Sorry, perhaps I didn't really make myself clear when describing the idea. I was thinking about this for a scenario:

Americans cross the Elbe and reach Berlin before the Russians.

Stalin is outraged at the Allies not keeping to the terms of Yalta.

Stalin orders Zhukov and Koniev's fronts to do a pincer movement to take Berlin from the Allies.

Allies are now assisted by the remnants of the German forces and try to drive Stalin back.

With that in mind, the Soviets should get the first turn.

What do you think?

The Allies would've never joined the Axis. Ignorance is bliss I suppose

There were a few short sighted General who would've gone for this in Our Ranks but to Ally Tyranny is a Joke. It's more than likely that Stalin and Hitler would've gone to bed together in '42 or '43 over Stalin's Second Front<still very unlikely> than any other way. Churchill is just not that sort of Man and if you don't know that then read about him

Jesus Christ, I said 'with Hitler disposed', the German generals would put all their efforts into stopping the red army. It wouldn't be a tyranny anymore. I mean, most Generals were looking for an armistice as early as 1943. It was quite possible that an armistice on the western front could have been created in January, 1945 if Hitler had been gotten rid of.

Originally posted by Col. Gen. Guderian:

Has anyone seen the film Patton? I've heard that it's brilliant, even from people who have no love of war history.

I have seen it. I would NOT recomend it and i wont see it again ever.

It went pass me with nothing left behind. :(

When i played Third reich i often put up a scenario wich you are speaking of, actually i continued the games after Germany surrenderd.

I would very much like a scenario where you continues after Hitler is desposed against the russian.

(Grandma, here i come to save you from the commies)

Originally posted by Col. Gen. Guderian:

Has anyone seen the film Patton? I've heard that it's brilliant, even from people who have no love of war history.

I have it on dvd at home. It's pretty boring actually. Sherman tanks are used to portrait german tanks.

I don't know who to listen to here. Oh well, I remember watching the battle of the bulge and it was just pure stupidity. I'm not sure which tank it was exactly that the Germans had, but it looked like a cross between a King Tiger and a Panther. The American tank seemed to be a Pershing tank, only it was very small and the tank was only introduced in 1945 if i'm not mistaken. Each side only had this 1 type of tank. Old war films are completely balls. I hope Patton will be an exception. The trailer was very funny.

Ever seen the movie Patton?

Surely you jest. Any wargamer that hasn't seen Patton, likely is too young to have experienced their first woman as well smile.gif

I can actually quote the opening so well, I can create a virtual echo to the films dialogue (did that once at a friend's place, his mother thought it was funny "you've seen this before haven't you" she said).

Sure the film is crawling with tanks that are merely american tanks painted panzer yellow. They didn't have cgi back then though eh. Didn't have computers back then either.

I think it's kinda poetically amusing they used Patton tanks for german armour actually smile.gif

The movie is loosely based off the actual autobiography though. And as it's a film, they don't pretend it was a literal translation (it was a long book too).

There are worse films eh, you might have been visually assaulted recently by Windtalkers. Listed in my Columbia DVD club buletin at 44 bucks for directors cut. Personally, they should have cut the director out of the film eh. Maybe Cage as well.