Broken Allied Strategy, 100% certified

Time for Avatar & Terif to play a game. The crowd would like AAR.

Odds:

Terif "to win" -2000

Summary: I've tried these gambit strategies in the past against Terif, they only had short term effects. It doesn't hurt to change the game to "Short Term Tactical Command", but in the end, Terif will win this one, I've made him a 20 to 1 favorite. Axis can always get some bad luck, but so can the Allies.

Side note to Sombra: Nothing personal, but you're not a Top 5 player! you sound like DragonHeart resurrected from the dead. When I play below Legend players, I enjoy doing whacky strategies for fun: buying a rocket for Germany on turn #3, a sub pack, post Barbarossa SeaLion, etc. Another thing is the problem with PanzerLiga, this "winner posts" stuff. DragonHeart has posted all these wins against me? It's a joke, I played the guy like twice! He's got 8+ wins against me? I think not! If I had played DH that much, I wouldn't have a job, he's the slowest player in the history of SC. I quit turning in my wins on PL, because they never post them! I go thru Euro players like butter.

I created the ISCL (International Strategic Command League) because it's simple, instant results, no dependencies on adminstrators, etc. Notice, I've got a lose to Waltero, does that make him a Top 5 player? In that game, I invaded England before France smile.gif Do you think I'm going to play a weak player & waste 20 hours on a game?

I personally challenge Sombra to AAR-game. You'll get the real-deal son. Playing a scrimmage game, broken up on my work days, or lunches just doesn't cut the mustard. I'm a tournament player, a big-game player. In the Panzerliga tourney, I went thru those opponents with ease, didn't even want to play Zapp in the finals, because our heavyweight games go the distance.

Sombra, I'm officially calling you out onto the battlefield.

Remember, Battlefront is "Center Court". Games played here are watched by the free world. PanzerLiga does have value, but it will never be considered a major. Mirrored games are a pain in the butt. Point system is confusing in PL, 22:4, 13:3, Blah-Blah that, admins couldn't post results, etc. Why are adminstrators manually posting results? I tried to sort my wins out in PL-admins, but it's just not worth it, plus, no spreaken da duetch! The only Germany I know is "99 Luftballons", Eich Bin Berliner, & Mr. Gorby, tear down this wall.

Fame & Fortune comes from this Forum. I encourage the competitive players to join & post with ease in the new league.

ISCL:

http://www.myleague.com/iscl/

Well Avatar good luck !!! May the dark side of the force be with you. Always!

On the other hand I am although an aggressive allied player. smile.gif

Still I prefer to move round 4 the Malta AF to London when the canadien corps arrives to take its place in Malta. I always need corps from GB to replace the looses of France to hold the lines. Still interessting way of getting more MPs due to oil wells in Irak. Terif used this strategy once against me.

I think simply without an France HQ to counterattack. the German ground troops don´t need much air support to advance.

Well at least you will have many spectators for your match.

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Time for Avatar & Terif to play a game. The crowd would like AAR.

Odds:

Terif "to win" -2000

Summary: I've tried these gambit strategies in the past against Terif, they only had short term effects. It doesn't hurt to change the game to "Short Term Tactical Command", but in the end, Terif will win this one, I've made him a 20 to 1 favorite. Axis can always get some bad luck, but so can the Allies.

Side note to Sombra: Nothing personal, but you're not a Top 5 player! you sound like DragonHeart resurrected from the dead. When I play below Legend players, I enjoy doing whacky strategies for fun: buying a rocket for Germany on turn #3, a sub pack, post Barbarossa SeaLion, etc. Another thing is the problem with PanzerLiga, this "winner posts" stuff. DragonHeart has posted all these wins against me? It's a joke, I played the guy like twice! He's got 8+ wins against me? I think not! If I had played DH that much, I wouldn't have a job, he's the slowest player in the history of SC. I quit turning in my wins on PL, because they never post them! I go thru Euro players like butter.

I created the ISCL (International Strategic Command League) because it's simple, instant results, no dependencies on adminstrators, etc. Notice, I've got a lose to Waltero, does that make him a Top 5 player? In that game, I invaded England before France smile.gif Do you think I'm going to play a weak player & waste 20 hours on a game?

I personally challenge Sombra to AAR-game. You'll get the real-deal son. Playing a scrimmage game, broken up on my work days, or lunches just doesn't cut the mustard. I'm a tournament player, a big-game player. In the Panzerliga tourney, I went thru those opponents with ease, didn't even want to play Zapp in the finals, because our heavyweight games go the distance.

Sombra, I'm officially calling you out onto the battlefield.

Remember, Battlefront is "Center Court". Games played here are watched by the free world. PanzerLiga does have value, but it will never be considered a major. Mirrored games are a pain in the butt. Point system is confusing in PL, 22:4, 13:3, Blah-Blah that, admins couldn't post results, etc. Why are adminstrators manually posting results? I tried to sort my wins out in PL-admins, but it's just not worth it, plus, no spreaken da duetch! The only Germany I know is "99 Luftballons", Eich Bin Berliner, & Mr. Gorby, tear down this wall.

Fame & Fortune comes from this Forum. I encourage the competitive players to join & post with ease in the new league.

ISCL:

http://www.myleague.com/iscl/

:D Well Rambo, we already agreed on a AAR in Battlefront Forum. Sorry to tell you, you are right that we only played two games against each other. But you lost one game and the other (A-Game from you ) is going downhill for you quite fast though if you are are the Nr.2 in the world....

tongue.gif Right now my wife spends her holidays with me though I am more limited to spend long time playing SC. But my first bid for Axis is 200 MP 1:5:20. May the looser live in darkness and in shame tongue.gif

Huh? You must have me confused with somebody else. I was bored in the first 15 minutes playing, I went thru France with ease, & tried my new "Clash strategy", which I named after the song, "London Calling" smile.gif "London Calling" is just another whacky strategy I wanted to play test.

Sombra, are you kidding me? The game was over, in a real battle do you think I'm going to just camp in London?

You've been trying to play this "I'm a next peaceful Euro guy thing", UNTIL, you tried to say you're the #2 player in the world? What a laugher! Have you beaten Zapp, DH, Terif, Clone? Did you get a phone call from the Ryder Cup Euro Captain asking you to represent the EU? You're not even Top 5 in Europe!

Hey, don't get me wrong, you're a good guy, but when you stated you're #2 on the Battlefront Forum, that will get addressed! This isn't the 23:4 punte liga!

sidenote: I think this comes from Europe's love for soccor or something. Europeans like to play a game for 20 hours (soccor) & nobody scores. Then, somebody scores a shot & suddenly they are world champs? Eh, doesn't work that way in the States, we have something called MAJORS! You need to win a MAJOR championship.

Another thing that is important is longevity. DH has disappeared, why? Because he's the slowest player on the planet! Last game we played I told him to hurry up or forget it. Games need timers, I hope SC-2 has one. I doubt it though, because all the history nuts are crying about some stupid feature...."gee, the Finns really had skiis, Hubert can you add that?". It's about competition. Games need clocks.

Bottom line, we need to settle this with an AAR real-game on "Center Court", like Wimbleton.

Sorry, I can't smack better, I gotta get to work.

Here's the rankings:

1) Terif

2) Rambo

3) Codename Clone / Zapp

4) DragonSlowPlayHeart

5) Iron Ranger

*** remember, old Legends are like Bjorn Borg, they come out of the woodwork for Holiday's & special occassions, don't let anybody kidd you, they are lurking.

I live for Rambo's comments. He should've been a stand-up. He's a 'true' American in my book. Us cannucks don't have the sense of humour that can be found in Rambo's kin. We just don't.

20-1 odds against me? Wow, that good? Hah! Seriously, I'd place them around 4-1 against me. Terif always seems to come up with something, and this time should be no different. However, I did build this strategy with him in mind, so we'll see. This might be the best Allied strategy you boys 'll ever see smile.gif In any case, it's going down tomorrow 9am GMT+1. And Jesus, I'm not top 5? I beat y'all one time or another. Except Terif, but he doesn't count. Maybe I'm #6?

Rambo, we really need a replay option. It's really ridiculous. The game should auto-compile every turn and saved in a file that can be uploaded to the website and shown to all.

And to Sombra, although you may be good, you'll never be Rambo. I played Rambo ~10 times, him winning around 60%+, i forget, but in any case, he's a Patton, and you're not smile.gif

BTW, I don't want you all putting Terif's head on a pike if he loses. Which he will ;)

Well Rambo, seriously you MAY be a good player tongue.gif up to now you haven´t demonstrated it to me. :eek:

From the Nr.2 in the world I expect a constant top notch playing, no lapses like I was only fooling around.

Either way you are right we need to dodge it out in an "official" AAR in battlefront.com

By the way compared to DH there are many slower players out there... ;)

Originally posted by Avatar:

Kuni, if he DOW's turn 1.... hahahahahahahahaha

Well. Instead of moving towards Denmark the two western corps can move to outside Brussels and ardennes. The corps then facing maginot line can take up position in Cologne(?) followed by the regular hq, tank and army. Drawbacks would be delayed land-attack on Denmark.

If your tactic is "unbeatable" this tactic would ensure that

1. Axis eventually gets vital LC-plunder

2. Axis immediately gets good positions in LC

Originally posted by Avatar:

And to Sombra, although you may be good, you'll never be Rambo. I played Rambo ~10 times, him winning around 60%+, i forget, but in any case, he's a Patton, and you're not smile.gif

I hope I will not be as good as Rambo I hope I am/will be better :D

If he is Patton call me Hannibal

Ok, the game is played and Avatars strategy totally failed like expected and he surrendered when Paris fell in August 1940 with nothing left except 1 AF, Monti, 2 nearly dead carriers and 2 ships (1 of them damaged).... :D

AAR:

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=18&t=003787

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=18&t=003789

[ August 03, 2004, 05:05 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]