New PBEM Tournament Part II !

JerseyJohn

"Yes, Gavrok is still in Europe, but he could be conuering Tibet tomorrow morning! Not that it matters, life goes on and on and on and ...."

the-lamas.jpg

Terry

Enjoyed the update, you've run into a Holy Terror. And I was afraid the new version slanted things too far toward the Allies !! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah Terry is being very modest

I did get off to a blinder.. with Terry getting out of stride when he lost a fighter unnecessarily in the battle for France (thought 5 strength wouldn't intercept)

However I have now put my foot in it somewhat by dallying for a while and not keeping the pressure on post-France. I have now proceeded to throw the entire Italian navy away disastrously for the loss of 2 allied fighters.

Brits are in a very strong position in North Africa and have been able to build up forces.

Personally would put the game in the balance with slight allied! advantage----game on but slowly!

• 2 weeks later...

Tragically, I was unable to come up with a cunning plan and despite sinking the Italian Fleet and concentrating enough in the Middle east to hold Iraq I'm afraid it's a case of cat & mouse with me cast as the small brown rodent! When the Germans start naval bombardments of Newcastle you know its all over. Congratulations to Gavrok and good luck to both players in the final. Thanks to those made this all possible.

Congratulations, Gavrok!

Our Sympathies, Terry.

As you know, disorder has been handling the actual scheduling of rounds, standings etc. of this event.

I've tried e-mailing our esteemed colleague and have not heard from him. Hopefully he's okay, if it's a problem I hope it's something minor involving his connection. Whatever the reason, he does appear to have fallen off somewhere regarding SC.

I'll wait a week or so for disorder to post something before making the final game assignments and decisions on my own.

An eventuality I'm not particularly looking forward to.

[ October 16, 2003, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Hi Jersey

Thanks for your efforts hereMust admit that I'm not in a hurry though.

Probably need a break from SC and it comes at a good time.

In the midst of planning a house move during the next month and any next round would suffer as a consequence.

Will continue to view the site for updates, and will commence battle as needed, if perhaps a little sporadically

Thanks for a great scenario

G

Gavrok

Appreciated, glad you enjoyed it.

Good Luck with the House Move.

I feel fairly certain disorder will pop in again, if he's at all able to, so, assuming I don't hear from him, I'll start the final rounds fairly late.

I don't know the status of the other games.

There are two rounds still to be played:

4 > 2 >

InterGalacticZ-PlanChampion !!!

m31b.jpgvirgo.gif

[ October 17, 2003, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

All Players Still In The Tournament:

I thought a game was still in progress. Apparently that isn't the case.

Please list the number of times you've had Allies or Axis and whether you're still playing.

When I have that information for all the remaining players I'll post the next round, which will begin on November 1st.

If there are only two remaining players, Rannug and Gavrok, please list the number of times you've had Allies or Axis and the Final Round will officially begin Nov 1st, or earlier if mutually agreed upon.

Rannug

Thanks for the quick reply, I was one round off.

When Gavrok posts we'll set up sides.

He's already stated that he'll be in the middle of moving and some other activities, so the best thing will probably be for the two of you to set up your own playing schedule at your convenience and keep the rest of us posted.

I think it's safe to say the game should start no later than November 1st and last no longer than December 31st. I doubt it will require that entire two month period, but it's best to leave a margin. I'd like to avoid adjudication if possible, and with only two remaining players this should be easily possible.

[ October 18, 2003, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

I've had Germans and allies once under the old rules. Had the germans in the latest scenario.

Will check the board start of next week but having major hassles on the house front with one side just pulling out.

Will have a better idea next week as to my commitments

Bye

G