Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

YOU WON T BELIEVE THIS, AAR: Rambo vs Zappsweden i.e Clash of Titans.

zappsweden

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We started it all, the orginal battle of Top Names: Christmas Riot, Thanksgiving Turkey Shootout, Ryder Cup, Z-League...Back to Battle, Clash of the Titans, Pay Per View.

I'm still the biggest draw in SC, & this match should be on HBO.

Sept 1939 ---

- Standard Poland

- Prep for LC #2

- Denmark pinged

- Subs raid

No reason to get cute early.

Turn 2:

Axis gambled and operated lots of units west after taking Warsaw. Poland surrendered with lots of units alive (plus polish air in Canada).

Allies do the HQ Mine strategy in France. Billote is in the French Mine and surrounded by french armies for protection.

Allies playing cautious along the LC border reinforcing to strength 10 hopiing to withstand German attacks next turn.

January 1940 ---

- Ground in France is expensive, Germans lost an Army, both Panzers damaged, forced to retreat for repairs.

- UK invested in an Army, it was buried.

- Germans buy fresh new Army, it's in FBH. Tough ground war.

- Ireland resistance movement continues.

- subs are done in the Atlantic, damaged a RN to strength-2, that's it.

- Denmark still being pinged.

Spring 1940:

Allies only lost First Blood Hex so far, looking good.

Oh, did I forget to mention that both the Atlantic subs sank a while ago but only after they almost sank my UK cruiser.

UK/French navy approach Denmark to support the defence. So farm, Axis have not used any air support in Denmark.

March 1940 ---

- Finally, did some damage on the ground. Captured the Western Ardennes, key French Army destoryed.

- Refreshed Panzer advances into the Ardennes, attacks Frech-HQ sitting in mine (Billote 1-star).

- LF hits Billote too, he'll have to retreat now.

- Germans have 3-HQs, 3-LF, 2-Panzers, 5-Armies (1-rebuy). Been spending all my MMP's on repairs for ground units.

- Denmark still not taken, forced to use LF on the French.

July 1940:

Axis reach Paris. Italy join. Allies sink one Italian cruiser in Sicily port. Monty is controlling 2 air units in Southern UK. Another German army destroyed near the French north coast (bombard plus air strikes).

Allies operate from the partly surrounded Maginot (before too late). One french army is left behind in French Mine, could not operate due to low supply.

Ireland clear from defenders, will fall soon.

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

We started it all, the orginal battle of Top Names: Christmas Riot, Thanksgiving Turkey Shootout, Ryder Cup, Z-League...Back to Battle, Clash of the Titans, Pay Per View.

Dammit Rambo! Christmas riot was not a game but a riot which ended with JerseyJohn and Jim Boggs banned and Moon forced to lock 15 threads 11 pm on new years eve.

Originally posted by Kuniworth:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Dammit Rambo! Christmas riot was not a game but a riot which ended with JerseyJohn and Jim Boggs banned and Moon forced to lock 15 threads 11 pm on new years eve. </font>