jon_j_rambo

Here's MY power ranking:

1-Yoda

2-Avatar

3-Tie between Rambo/Zapp/DH

4-Sombra

5-Cosmin

These only represent active players of course

Also, imo, DH is not slow. Has he improved? Hard to say, i never played him in his 'hey-day'. But I can't complain. Zapp is somewhat slow, but slow for some is fast for others. I personally like playing those who play quickly. Around 5-7 mins a turn is more than enough. Think faster people.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Avatar:

Here's MY power ranking:

1-Yoda

2-Avatar

3-Tie between Rambo/Zapp/DH

4-Sombra

5-Cosmin

These only represent active players of course

Also, imo, DH is not slow. Has he improved? Hard to say, i never played him in his 'hey-day'. But I can't complain. Zapp is somewhat slow, but slow for some is fast for others. I personally like playing those who play quickly. Around 5-7 mins a turn is more than enough. Think faster people.

Hmm from several ppl i got complaints so far...Kuni,Rambo,Sombra,Cosim ...so i fear it´s a fact. But i can confirm they all like loosing in slow motion ag me. :D ...and except of Kuni i play regulary to all of them and they like playing me. (or not :confused: :D )

your Powererranking is correct beside one typing error :D and that you absolutely ignore Liam ;) He will hate you for that. hehe

So if you dont mind correct it should be

1. Terif

2. Rambo/Königstiger (DH)

3. Zapp/Avatar

4. Sombra

5. Liam

6. Cosim

Normally Zapp should be also 2 but i dont know how much he suffered from his break ...when i remember to my fist games after the break...oh my god ...i did not even know how to chat LOL

and you are 3rd because you are so selfprudent to rank you by yourself as 2nd, and as i m a bad boy, and as you messed up 2 and 3 in your post :D

but most important as i wanna make you hot :mad: for a game. tongue.gif

I'd really like to see timers in SC-2. Not that I want a rushed game, but there are several slow players in my opinion: DragonSlow & ZappSlow are extremely dragging when they get serious. Now, I understand some turns being slow, but not everyone. These guys are analyzing every single piece, it's a joke.

Bah always this slow thing. You all have never played players which are really slow. And i dont mean slow but damned slow. Poland attack 10 min each turn...france each turn 15 min....can you imagine what will happen later in this game?? I had already one opponent who took 30 min per turn in the mid game :eek:

During the france campagne my turns take 2-5 min, later in the game i need 5-8 min, with some exceptions where i will need up to 10 min.

I would suggest you play that guys and you will never ever call me slow. ;)

Another thing came into my mind...when i play SC i reserve the time only for playing...whilst others ....having some phone calls...leaving for buying their lunch, delaying the sending of turns by surfing and chatting. Isnt that a waste of time too?? Do you think i m happy when waiting to send my turn?

[ November 09, 2004, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: Dragonheart ]

See what i mean? Slow for some is fast for others. In any case, there's only a few I truly enjoy playing as they play fast. And in regards to DH's list, well, at least I'm tied for number 3. Doesn't matter tho, SC2 is almost out soon, and the rankings will start anew.

Well, I'm in Düsseldorf on business, so no playing this week, until Friday afternoon. However, I'm going to reserve my SC playtime to finish off Rambo first, which we can only really play me on weekends. I did (didn't quite finish tho smile.gif ) beat you as Axis, so we can try the reverse. I look forward to a new game w/ you for sure. Let's aim for Sunday. Probably can manage you and Rambo in the same day.

So nothing changed for us since you came to Germany...still playing you only on weekends? :(:D

Yep Sunday should work fine for me...we can finish our old game but its not a must as i m also interested in a competitive game i think i already mentioned i joined ISCL....because of you!!!! :D:D:D

hmmm...joined the SC community for 2-3 months and i crawled my way up to the top already? Not really I may say - my current ranking is probably because there are players out there who do not care to play anymore. Nevertheless, i learned some tricks fast but i still get stuck at some point later in the game when i have to make important decisions - haven't played many games past mid 1942 yet.

My wins against good opponents so far were because i was smart enough to exploit their mistakes (underestimating me was really helpful) not that i really had an outstanding game play. I am still in the process of learning and I enjoy the advantage of having very good teachers: terif, rambo, DH to name some of them.

Vs terif - a lot of losses as expected - but i think in our last finished game I gave him a good reply to his spanish gambit - again my lack of experience in later war made me lose a game after being in a position from which you veterans could've got at least a draw - terif correct me if i am wrong.

At my request, terif took his time to point out the mistakes i did which helps me a lot to improve my game play.

Vs DH - got my ass kicked royally 5 or 6 times (he ain't that slow after all tongue.gif ) - DH is an excellent player - applies the 'terifian' principles with good success and has also luck with techs and combat rolls ;) But i did not lose the games solely because of his luck, that's for sure - he is very good, full stop. (anyway it seems against him I manage to make the most incredible mistakes like forgetting to move troops or reinforce them :D )

Vs Rambo - this guy is unique! TBH the most funniest games ever. You won't see Axis high tech subs, bombers, carriers, rockets and all assortments in any other's gameplay! The games vs him are a blast and i don't really care if i win or lose.

Overall score of Cosmin 3 - Rambo 1 does not reflect the reality properly. I won the first 2 games because of Rambo's obvious lack of focus and trying 'whacky' stuff on me (underestimation played it's role). The third game displayed a new Rambo willing to give his 'A' game and indeed managing to deliver it. I got ass kicked without any right for an appeal due to an extremely careful and effective game play. The fourth game was my LC turn 1 gambit which succeeded and proved a game breaker - it was risky, of course, but after noticing heavy air atacks on poland during first turn, LC turn 1 was an open invitation ;)

Vs Avatar - managed to get 2 wins by exploiting his over confident gameplay (leaving Rome ungarrisoned tongue.gif ) - i was again underestimated. The next two (or more? can't recall, really) were losses - all our games were short but I think Avatar is one hell of a player as well.

Vs Some - other - Bra ;) - my first top player to start my SC career with. Got a draw and several losses. We should play some more again, I think I can put up a far better fight vs him now.

So, I am still a n00bster...but definitely one with an attitude ;) and I am coming fast after your spots guys, so fear the romanian!!! :D

[ November 11, 2004, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: cosmin ]

Cosim your bad luck or "luck" is that the remaining players still playing SC are all top players with at least 200+ games on their shoulders. So your results ag all of them are quite impressive. You are missing a bunch of medium players where your skills are equal or better.

But if you improve you skills with this excellent speed like in the past then i see no prob for you to win future games ag these top players because of your skills and not because of their bad luck or underestimating you.

Originally posted by cosmin:

dh quit calling me cosim or cosimo or wha'e'va tongue.gif it sounds like an italian mafia guy's name ;)

Your are the mafia ...rumanian mafia LOL ...

A cosim is a strategic Boardgame similar to the computer game SC ...so be pround to be called so :D

seems i messed up some letters ...i will try again C O S M I N ....ahh correct now hehe?

• 2 weeks later...

Power Rankings 2004-11-26:

#1 Terif - Only lost one game for a very long time

#2 DragonHeart - Beat Terif, HOT!

#3 Zapp - Has good streak against practically everyone

#4 Rambo - A great player but has negative streak aginst the players above

#5 Avatar - A great player thought has not been very active lately

Hmmm, smile.gif

I don't have a positive streak against Rambo but we're almost even in the last 10-12 games. 6-5 I'd say about that...

Avatar, is about 5 to my 4... <he's won 1 game against me in the last 6 months or so>

DH, I've never beaten...

Last two games I took Zapp

and Terif I haven't even challenged him...

Right now I'm playing Avatar and I'm making multiple mistakes and I expect and Axis Victory. I think it's more like this:

1. Terif<the best player because he's a smart player, all field player>

2. Rambo<he's consistent and has what you wouldn't expect, staying power>

3. Liam<is -30-40 in every League he plays cause he plays only the top 2 or 3 guys ever>

4. DH<cause it's been months and I played crappy in both our games..>

5. Avatar

6. Dalmatian<the only guy I see active vs me, learning..needs to be trained>

6. The rest which I haven't played lately, Sombra, Cosmin, etc... These guys could be #4 or #5 not sure...We'll see one day

To make an absolute ranking is very difficult.

One reason is that one need many games to find out who is better...on the other hand what is in the case you kicked another players ass 10 times but this guy gets better and better and is learning fast and finally he wins ag you then your statistic shows a 10:1 but are your really better then?

Another problem is when you verify different stats...let´s make an example Zapp vs Rambo 5:1 Rambo:DH 5:1, DH:Zapp 5:1 ...who is now better as the other one?? :D

You see ranking is not all on the world and everybody will have another view...but in this case i agree with zapp´s ranking. :D ...this one suits best for me LOL