RIVERS AND AIRBORNE UNITS?

HOTH

ARE THE RIVERS USELESS?, THERE IS NO BONUS FOR THE DEFENDER AGAINST AN ATACCK ACROSS THE RIVER?. EVEN THERE IS NO ADICIONAL COST OF MOVEMENT. I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS.

WHERE IS THE AIRBORNE UNITS IN THE GAME, EVEN IN A OLD GAME AS "HIGH COMMAND " FROM COLORADO COMPUTER CREATIONS, YOU HAVE AIRBORNE UNITS THAT YOU CAN USE AT STRATEGIC LEVEL TO HELP ENCIRCLEMENTS IN URSS OR ATTACKS ACROSS THE ENGLISH CHANNEL. :confused:

PD. SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH smile.gif

to quote the feature list of v 1.06 :

"[...] Rivers - Attacker is reduced to 50% offensive power when attacking from a river hex

[...]"

and pls dont WRITE THE WHOLE TEXT WITH CAPS LOCK ;)

PS: there are no airborne units (or i havent noticed them yet :rolleyes: )

[ December 14, 2002, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Dr.No ]

Rivers should incur a movement penilty, as even if there was a bridge, it took more time to get across. As well as that, bridges should be better moddelled, along with supply lines. You can't actually see bridges or major choke points of supply lines, meaning you can't take the allied stratigy of cutting them off by blowing up rail junctions, bridges etc. to slow down re-inforcements to the front. Also, ariborne units were used extensivly by both sides all throughout the war and I think it is a shame they weren't included. Patch, anyone? I don't want to have to buy another game for these two things which should have been in in the first place.

I am very pleased with the way this game handles rivers. With some skill and planning, they become excellent defensive barriers that hold up quite well.

However, (with all due respect), having worked on several games in the past, I have one suggestion for many gamers on this forum: Learn to work the rules instead of demanding the rules be reworked for you.

Additionally, I am also in favor of airborne units, but I am not too far wrong in stating the historical record would yeild only ONE paratroop counter on the entire board throughout the entire war when played at Corps/Army scale.

If Hubert adds paratroopers, he better make them DAMN expensive!. And for that much effort, leaving them out also makes perfect sense.