One last minor request

Otto

I just want to know if Hubert can make a few of these changes before the final release of the game:

1) Each nation has it's own language, all the buttons, commands and feedback for each nation should be in the native language of that country. Of course you will have to learn that language to play that nation, but this is WAY more realistic.

2) Real-time, I don't like this turn based stuff, real war happens in real time, I want a game that will take 5 years to play.

3) No more clicking, I want some sort of device that reads my brainwaves and can tell what I want, clicking sucks!

4) If I ever have any trouble witht the game I want Hubert to come to my house and give tech-support. If neccesary, I would like my own personal tailor made version of StratComm. You could call it Strategic Command: European Theater; Otto Platinum Edition.

Let me know...

Originally posted by Otto:

I just want to know if Hubert can make a few of these changes before the final release of the game:

1) Each nation has it's own language, all the buttons, commands and feedback for each nation should be in the native language of that country. Of course you will have to learn that language to play that nation, but this is WAY more realistic.

2) Real-time, I don't like this turn based stuff, real war happens in real time, I want a game that will take 5 years to play.

3) No more clicking, I want some sort of device that reads my brainwaves and can tell what I want, clicking sucks!

4) If I ever have any trouble witht the game I want Hubert to come to my house and give tech-support. If neccesary, I would like my own personal tailor made version of StratComm. You could call it Strategic Command: European Theater; Otto Platinum Edition.

Let me know...

#1 Get out! That´s the real Straha-stuff! :cool:

#2 Ok, but the pause key would have to be not just a "freeze" key. smile.gif It should be possible to give orders still. Then time compression would be ok with me.

#3 Im a bit conservative: if clicking is removed I won´t buy the game. :mad: Who came up with the idea that *removing* features means progress, anyway? :confused:

#4 No, no, no. Look guys, I do not intend to wait until Hubert comes around from Canada everytime I have a problem. Why can´t you just provide a *downloadable* version of Hubert who would check everything directly within my system. But please do me a favour and don´t make that a monster download like the demo was...

Straha

[ June 25, 2002, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: Straha ]

Guys,

Hubert and I talked it over and came up with an even better idea. We'll be handing out weapons (and weapon systems) to the first 100 million or so players. Once all the rosters have been filled, it will be up to the players to re-fight WWII in Europe.

We have already made arrangements with every person in Europe and they have agreed to leave the continent for the next five years. The only condition they have is that you tidy up the place before you leave.

These changes should not change the timetable for SC's release. So, get your passports ready...

Why can´t you just provide a *downloadable* version of Hubert who would check everything directly within my system.
At least include a plastic action figure of Hubert in the game package. Maybe with sound effects and canned responses from Magic 8-Ball. That should do it. ;)

The beer the beer, don't forget the beer!!!

When I invade another country, and capture it, I want the tube running out the back of my computer to switch to the best local beer from that country. (not the local stuff it currently has) And, I don't want to have to change my internet connection to do it...

Bandwidth = beerwidth!

Enjoy!

Aloid

I more of a minimalist, and would much rather if Hubert got rid of all that clutter. I would prefer there to be just two counters, the Axis Army and the Allied Army, that the timeline 1939-1945 was compressed to a single turn, and that the European theater be represented by a single hex (of course the addition of the Pacific hex will be necessary in the expansion).

Also, can the game be reduced to a single file, preferably one less than 40k in size? I don't think my C-64 can handle anything larger.

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks.

Originally posted by blackbellamy:

I more of a minimalist, and would much rather if Hubert got rid of all that clutter. I would prefer there to be just two counters, the Axis Army and the Allied Army, that the timeline 1939-1945 was compressed to a single turn, and that the European theater be represented by a single hex (of course the addition of the Pacific hex will be necessary in the expansion).

Also, can the game be reduced to a single file, preferably one less than 40k in size? I don't think my C-64 can handle anything larger.

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks.

But your suggestion would require the *additional* feature of stacking two armies in one hex. So where's the minimalism in this? :D

Straha

We'll be handing out weapons (and weapon systems) to the first 100 million or so players. Once all the rosters have been filled, it will be up to the players to re-fight WWII in Europe.

Not necessary. Electronic Arts is planning a Fall 2002 release, "The Sims - WWII European Theater." Design and play your own character. Massively multiplayer support is expected to consume ALL available internet resources. Stay tuned. :eek: