The legendary SC-forum quotes list

Kuniworth

Riot!!!! Madmatt or Moon RESTORE ORDER

Now, where are you???

Kuniworth calls upon reenforcements in order to stop the Spam onslaught brought forth by Lucky Zebra

[ August 06, 2003, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: Jordy ]

• 4 months later...

Originally posted by Dragonheart:

The first thing i noticed in this forum is a bold behavior ag newbies. If one is not simply ignored then he will get some title like "arshole newby" or some other kind names.

In other forums every new player is welcomed. I know that not everybody act in that manner but you get the impression that this forum is only playground for certain elite players.

Kuniworth

You know what??? GO TO MEGA LARGE HELL!!!!!

GO TO HELL!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dragonheart

Kuniworth,

If you read my post you will recognize that i never called you arsehole!!!!!! I was just let you all know the first impression one will unevitable get here and i did not personally insult you. If you feel so i´m sorry for that.

If you send me to the mega hell than my answer is that i´m already there.

And finally here is the Forum logo created by Kurt...because of this discussion

hell.gif

Dragon

In what I consider to have been this Forum's most active period, the Autumn/Winter of 02, when myself and several others still active joined, the congregation was not a particularly friendly one.

Being a new kid on the block was really rough. I made it harder on myself by starting three Threads immediately concerning the Atlantic, Weather and an Axis invasion of Canada before invading the UK. They were all good threads that aroused plenty of discussion but for some odd reason it arroused the antagonisms of some, at the time, established members. At that time there were only a handful of posters, Immer, Macon, Zeres, General Billote, Bullwinkle, Mannerheim and a few others who were really friendly with new people. Immer even tried to discourage the term Newbie, which I'd also like to see dropped, but apparently it isn't going to happen.

The real nasties seem to have stopped posting around a year ago. By the Spring I think we collectively lightened up a bit and were friendlier to new people. Some of us were friendly to them all along.

Meanwhile, not all the new people deserved to be treated in a friendly manner. I particularly enjoyed the way Comrade handled that variety, just the right touch of sublety and flamethrower. :D

Kuni was generally friendly to new arrivals but you're right, late last Summer he did show an impatient mean side. I think the game itself was making him flip out. Up till the Spring he used to joke about what a lousy player he was -- remarks like, "Play me, I also suck!" -- but then he suddenly wanted to be a good player and he'd become irritable when his research lagged or he became unlucky.

He forgot the advice of that wise sage, Bill Macon, "Each game of SC is basically a craps-shoot!"

Anyhow, I'm sure that, if were allowed to post here now, we'd be seeing yet another side of the Wile Swede and we're the worse for not having him.

• 3 months later...

Thought I'd bring this back for another view as there are a lot of new guys who haven't seen it. ;)

If you haven't, be sure to read the opening post where Kuniworth quotes people, I still get a kick out of reading it.

Hopefully we'll have him back soon, a lot of us miss him. smile.gif

[ April 07, 2004, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Wehrmacht

Glad you enjoyed it, I'm searching for more of Kuni's stuff and am planning to post one every couple of days. He was a riot, always instigating someone, starting something and changing sides in the middle of it! :D

General Rambo

An excellent idea. As Kuni would probably put it, this time we'll choose Barabus instead! :D

Curry

Completly agreed. He kept the place lively. ;)