Wierd actions you've seen in SC...

Rashak Mani

Curious to know if anyone has pulled these off:

- Taking Gibraltar by force with Spain neutral. How ? (Seems impossible except with many planes.)

- Taking Malta by force too. Why ? (yep why ?)

- Effective German Sub warfare against a Human opponent ?

(Just doesn't seem worth it. Subs are too vunerable and supply dwindles too fast.)

Anyone also bothers with Rockets ? Can they be useful ? Ever seen someone use Rocket and Rocket Tech very effectively ? Seems useless to me.

Originally posted by Rashak Mani:

Curious to know if anyone has pulled these off:

- Taking Gibraltar by force with Spain neutral. How ? (Seems impossible except with many planes.)

- Taking Malta by force too. Why ? (yep why ?)

- Effective German Sub warfare against a Human opponent ?

(Just doesn't seem worth it. Subs are too vunerable and supply dwindles too fast.)

Anyone also bothers with Rockets ? Can they be useful ? Ever seen someone use Rocket and Rocket Tech very effectively ? Seems useless to me.

-Gibraltar can be taken by force if the allied player moved his corpos to Egypt via Suez.

- Who plys the axis and does not take by force Malta :confused:

- For example I tried it succesfully... If the enemys fleet is in a bad shape, with the help of a few subs the italiens can win the Attlantik. You don´t have to worry about amerikan troops arriving by sea then.

- Rockets why not? They are cheap in the beginning...gambling 1 or 2 chits in research perhaps they pay off. You can train them on the Londoner habor (and the supporting HQ of course)

But it is more a expensive toy for the axis player

- Gibraltar: in this case you can only take it when it is abandoned. The usual way is to take Spain and then connect Africa by taking Gibraltar. As long as Spain is neutral, you can move through Gibraltar any time when you reduce Gibraltar port to 0 - no need to take it smile.gif .

- Malta: 5 mpps less for Allies, 5 mpps more for Axis...

- Sub warfare highly depends on the allied player: if he doesnt take care of his fleet and lost a lot of its ships, then a sub warfare can be very successful. Your subs can raid 40 mpp/turn in the Atlantic and if you have enough subs and rule the seas you dont need ground forces to defend France any more and when USA even cant bring troops to England any more, it is pretty easy to invade and conquer UK when it is cut off from ressources and reinforcements by the subs.

- I like to use rockets from time to time. If you invest 5 chits early you often get lv 4-5 until 1942. I usually train 5-6 rockets at London. When Barbarossa comes closer Axis can often take London and conquer England without much effort - nothing can stand against experienced high lv rockets. Rockets with lv 5 (and experience) are deadly against everything - especially later in Russia smile.gif . Often one shot (damage 8-10 !) is enough to kill a unit that comes too close to a rocket - 2 shots means the certain death for any unit and this without losses for the rockets...

But for rockets you need a bit of luck, cause nobody helps you with the research (no catch-up bonus) and when you dont reach a high level, your rockets are really only an expensive toy :D . Not to forget, France should fall early if you really want to go for rockets, so you have enough time for research and enough ressources to also buy sufficient normal units to protect your rockets against enemy counterattacks.

5 chits in Rocket Tech plus buying rockets. Seems pretty expensive. Anyone regularly uses rockets against England ?

Against the USSR rockets are good only for static lines. I'd rather spend a bit more and get an Airfleet.

- - - - -

As for Malta... its too tough to crack. Not worthwhile at all. I get it only when the allies leave it empty.

[ June 16, 2004, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Rashak Mani ]

Three airfleets a HQ and a couple of ships are usually enough to sort out malta. It's worthwhile having... even better to deny to the allies ;)

Rockets are good at highest levels but pretty rubbish before that... its a risk. One that I usually take if the mpps are flowing well nice and early ;)

I did a full sub campaign after the allies lost alot of ships trying to defend France. I isolated the U.S. so that he could not get any of his armies off American soil! smile.gif I had 6 level 15 subs at the time. Pretty nice. I was able to pull off a late game Sealion with the Italians.

[ June 22, 2004, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: Aztecace ]

Anyone managed to save the two subs in the North Atlantic ? They seem impossible to get to a french or german port...

Also subs run out of supply very fast... seem almost impossible not to keep 'em coming back to France all the time. Brest is under British Air range and its safer to go to the southern French port... even more delay. :(

[ June 23, 2004, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: Rashak Mani ]