AA Researching

Perhaps. On the other hand it also affects mines and oil sites and sometimes you just have no space to put the air fleets in. Is it worth it to research AA if there wasn't a bug though? I think most veterans don't use bombers and so AA isn't really worth it without the bug. Still it has some good uses, espceially defending cities and ports.

Hi Stendhal

You posted:

"Would it not be more sensible to ban placing air in cities ?"

Yes, sure, you could also agree on that (if you also ban placement on oil fields and mines and in ports for carriers).

But there are some disadvantages to that rule:

You loose the extra entrechment bonus in cities, which helps a lot in Paris and London i.e.

You also wont get max supply 10 for your air.

Your carriers wont be allowed to operate from London port (and thus wont get max supply plus defence bonus).

You wont be allowed to buy an air unit in a conquerred russian city.

And besides: who invested chits into AA before the bug was made known ... at least when it comes to Britain. And Germany and Russia wont need and usually can't afford AA beyond Lv1.

So it is better to have more liberty when it comes to placing your air fleets than when it comes to research options.

But of cause, if you and your opponent do agree, you can use your rule.

FT

The UK still has plus 1 AA hardwired in tongue.gif

This bug is used extensively by the Allies during the Fall of France...

However there is a counter to this... Since the Allies can only buy a Level 8 HQ, a Level 9 HQ does negate the effects some, especially if he picks up a bar early on killing French Armies. Just don't let the UK get too much experience pounding on LC Port

I think you can change the UK AA level to 0 with the editor and the bids make you use it anyway so it's not much hassle.

Also I doubt the 3% increase in readiness from HQ rating difference and 3% more from 1 bar of experience of said HQ can really make up for the +1 Jet advantage equivalent of AA, like from 3 damage to 4 or from 4 to 5 at Jet+1.