Tutorial: How to make Poland surrender on turn 1 :-)

Norse

Well, I've been gone for a long time smile.gif This last year or so, I've just kept half an eye on Battlefront.com to see if there are any news with SC and SC2, sometimes making a comment or so to you fruitcakes smile.gif Anyway, now that SC2 is about to come out, it's time to reveal how to beat Poland on turn 1 (I'm still just in lurking modus btw:) )

If this has been said before then my appologies, as I said, I haven't been active here for a long time.

Alright, here we go:

If you are LUCKY, then you can destroy a unit with three units. To defeat Poland, you must destroy 4 units AND take Warzaw, That's 12 dicerolls you haveto be lucky with, fail one, and Poland doesn't surrender. So that gives you about 1% chance to defeat Poland on your first move. ;)

I first state which polish units you need to destroy : and then which german units you use to destroy that polish unit with

Pomorze army: 4th army, luftflotte II, II corps

Lodz army: 8th army, XVI Panzer, Luftflotte IV

Krakow corps: 14th army, 10th army, VIII Corps

Warzaw corps: XIX Panzer, 3rd army, luftflotte I, then invade warzaw with VII corps from Konigsberg.

That's it! If you get lucky rolls and accomplish this then Poland surrenders after you click done, hihaw :cool:

And now the real thing...

4th german army moves behind Pomozore army => down to seven, 8th german army moves north and attacks pomozore army => down to 3. 2 nd. LF attacks destroys army if you are lucky or you have to use the berlin korps to finish off pomozore army.

Way is now free to attack Warschaw with both tanks, one army (3rd) and two LF, Danzig Korps moves in and takes Warschaw.

Depending on your luck you even have enough troops for LC in round two. If dice rolls are against you can break off . Whenever you want and play a standart campaign

Hi

The difference in your approaches:

Norse gives us a roadmap of what to do to make sure we force a surrender of Poland after turn 1

(if our combat results are extremely in our favour ...).

Sombra gives us a good tactic of how to take Warschaw on turn one and hoping that the Poles will surrender.

My question: Why do you want to take Warschaw on turn 1 in the first place? You have 4 turns to do the job and even 5 if you are lasy. Most of the time you get Poland on turn 2 so why being excited about having them on turn 1?

You can ruin your game when trying to take Warschaw on turn 1 and you gain little if nothing if you succeed, IMHO.

Feldtrompeter

Hey Feldtrompeter smile.gif

Originally posted by Feldtrompeter:

Hi

My question: Why do you want to take Warschaw on turn 1 in the first place? You have 4 turns to do the job and even 5 if you are lasy. Most of the time you get Poland on turn 2 so why being excited about having them on turn 1?

You can ruin your game when trying to take Warschaw on turn 1 and you gain little if nothing if you succeed, IMHO.

Yes, I agree, taking Warzaw at all cost without knowing why, can be a bad thing.

Example, I would rush in with the corps from Konigsberg to take Warzaw, only to find that the Poles send a corp to capture Kongisberg from me :mad: lol :D;) Well, that's not good ;)

So why capture Warzaw? Here's my take on it:

As we all know, to defeat Poland, you must accomplish two things : smash enough of their units AND capture Warzaw.

If you *don't* capture Warzaw on turn 1, the Poles will most likely scramble their remaining forces to setup a defensive ring around Warzaw. I do that when I'm the allies. I send everything I have to do that, the airfleet too. Doesn't matter if the remaining forces have strenght values of 1 or 10. There are two points to this:

1. The Polish forces get a higher supply rate = higher readiness = punish the germans more

2. Becomes speedbumps that buys time, they force the germans to attack them, instead of getting to Warzaw with all their units directly, giving the French and the British some more time to prepare

Example (I just grabbed this against the AI to illustrate) 1.jpg

Also notice how I in this example move the one polish corps that is stuck in the south there, that way, it cuts those foreward german units out of supply :) It won't stop the germans, but it'll hopefully cost them another strenght point that they haveto spend MPP's on to get back up. smile.gif

I have taken some screenshots, to show how defeating Poland on turn 1 can be done (remember that u need lucky dice rolls on every roll to pull this off)

First: Send the fighter plane first, to draw the Polish fighter plane out into combat, otherwise you'll just get "suprise contact with enemy" combat when you move towards Warzaw.

11.jpg

Originally posted by Dragonheart:

Well in my last 5 games i took 3 times poland in round 1....they did not surrender but thats another thing :D

Advantages are obvious....full power very early in the west...MPP advantage for axis, disadvantage for allies.....

You took Poland (Warsaw) 3 out of 5 (on turn one) without rerolls, u kidding me? :rolleyes:

(

Tina Zapp Turner -

We don’t need another heeero...

We don’t need another REEEROLL...

All we want is life beyond Play-By-Mail cheat

)

[ May 14, 2004, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Tina Zapp Turner, doesn't the sound go...

"Rolling, Rolling, Re-Loading on a River"

I thought it might be more like

"Loading, landing, attacking on the same turn.

:D

[ May 14, 2004, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]