A boring day

Dragonheart

As you said the 'golden days' of SC are behind us. I'm sure a new group (headed by you?) will take over and liven the board and IP play, but maybe not.

Citys and ports have a sight range of 1. It a common misconsecption that they have two - and its a good way to make some 'Ranger Raids' (Rambos term, not mine).

Nice post on the IP/IQC - perhaps I'll spend a few hours and figure it all out.

Hi Dragonheart smile.gif

Hmm.. a new dispute could be fun :D . But its unlikely, at least from my side. In the meantime I only find it funny what happened cause I cant take the persons - and statements - involved serious any more tongue.gif .

Port thing:

Ports can only see 1 hex, the same as cities. Normal land units can see 2 hexes and often they are placed in a city, so its not the city, but the unit that can see 2 hexes ;) .

Dragon

You've been spoiled by too much of a good thing. Now I understand what you meant about this place dying. You were afraid Peace would Break Out! ;)

No problem, give it a day or two.

I'm still waiting for the return of EB and dgaad with their psychotic Commie vs Capitalist fighting. :D

[ November 19, 2003, 08:06 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

As you said the 'golden days' of SC are behind us.
I wouldn't say that, we're just going through some tough times at the moment. The "newer generation" might have to pick up the slack for us a for little while, but we'll pull through. Especially once we get some more intel on SC2, for all we know it could be coming out sooner then we think.

Comrade Trapp

Oh -- you are in rare form today!

Well, unlike yesterday, I'm no longer at death's door and I'm yelling at myself to get back to work, now that I've got an extra day of it backlogged.

Probably I'll become deathly ill again sometime this afternoon Eastern Time. In my delerium yesterday I thought about putting things under new management but I'm sure the first thing they'd do is fire me and, as the only stockholder, I'd have to agree with them.

How can you even write those names? Don't you know what happens every time those forbidden tags appear? :D

Tally-Ho and Away I Go, off to Drudgery Land. :rolleyes:

[ November 19, 2003, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Concerning the sight range of cities and ports, I have noticed an unexplained problem.

Every time that I, as Allies, with FOW on, try to invade against the AI's unoccupied Italian city of Bari, by landing at hex 35,27, which is two hexes away and out of sight range, the AI immediately garrisons Bari on its turn. I know with my air and by checking with FOW off, that there are no other units that can see in range. Yet the AI always can tell that I am at hex 35,27, which is out of its 1-hex sight range.

On the other hand, the same type of trick always works against the AI, when Sicily is ungarrisoned.

I've noticed that if I evacuate Malta, invariably on the next turn the AI will have an Italian corps all poised to land, even though they haven't got an air unit in position to see that the island is unoccupied.

I don't mind really - the AI needs some help, but it is interesting.

Originally posted by Dragonheart:

Maybe we need some more guys like "Lucky Zebra,Zorba,Elefant" ??ROFL

We need guys like Kuniworth more. There is always a balance between posting smack and posting SC. He talked smack but he was also posting alot of SC stuff.

Why was that dude banned anyway?

Was he banned for life?

[ November 20, 2003, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

lol thats one thing i noticed is that when kuni died so did about half the new threads everyday. well actually about 3/4 of the new threads. I thought it was hilarious how much that guy could write.

btw whats going on with the new forum... for like 2 hours i havent been able to get on...