Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

email problems

Earbuzz

It seems my email address was blocked by battlefront because I complained about the cd check. Reply said:

"This message could not be delivered to the following recipients:

<support@battlefront.com>:

Connected to 216.15.227.34 but sender was rejected.

Remote host said: 550 This address is not allowed"

Here is the email I wanted to send. It was to be a reply to their reply:

"Thanks. That's cool. I was just pissed when I installed the patch. Then the email program kept closing as I was typing. I really wouldn't want tp return it. I play it for hours everyday. I'm very disorganized though. Took me awhile to find the cd."

It seems unproffessional of them to me. Actually, it seems a little childish.

[ August 29, 2002, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: Earbuzz ]

Obviously what would actually be useful would be a posting of your first letter to Battlefront.

But obviously it was some form of crude and obnoxious rambling, otherwise you would have posted it and they wouldn't have blocked you.

Funny how what you get out of the world is strongly related to what you put into it...

Originally posted by angel of deth:

Obviously what would actually be useful would be a posting of your first letter to Battlefront.

But obviously it was some form of crude and obnoxious rambling, otherwise you would have posted it and they wouldn't have blocked you....

It was obvious that it was rude from my reply. Not from my lack of posting the original. Don't you think? I think anyone could figure out that the original mesagge was rude from the reply. I explained the circumstances and, backed off quite a bt in my reply. Do you never find yourself in a bad mood? Well then...I congratulate you. Your not human then. I bet you actually are human though and, do find yourself in a bad mood aat times.

Funny how what you get out of the world is strongly related to what you put into it...
A philosopher. You should publish that.

Hmm...I just checked. Actually, it wasn't that rude. I had kind of remembered it as rude. Must have been my mood at the time. Here it is:

I see you added a cd check. Is there any chance I can get my money back?

Preview not working. So, if I messed the tags up(shrug).

[ August 29, 2002, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: Earbuzz ]

Originally posted by Earbuzz:

BFC has a strict no refund policy, as stated on the order form. It was probably that which got you blocked, as they didn't want to be spammed after telling you "no".

As CM:BB is due out soon, all the BFC guys are working their butts off, and don't have quite enough time to reply or deal with some of the email that's evidently coming their way.

They're probably just doing what seems to them to be the course of least trouble.

Originally posted by R_Leete:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Earbuzz:

BFC has a strict no refund policy, as stated on the order form. It was probably that which got you blocked, as they didn't want to be spammed after telling you "no".

</font>

Originally posted by Earbuzz:

This seems unreal to me. Do you really think they would block an email address for this reason?

Until you hear it from them, I'd wait to judge them. You are right, it's a little much for what you said you said.

I think what is more likely is that they got alot of email about hte cd check issue and, just got pissed. This is further evidenced by the fact that in their reply they stated the next patch will remove the cd check.

Look at the comments about it here for an idea, but for what it's worth, from what Hubert has said, it was his idea in the first place and left it off the master by mistake... It was also his call to remove it AKIK becasue he agreed that it was unfair to add it in after release (and yes, becasue there was a big backlash against it)...

Originally posted by R_Leete:

You spammed them once, why not block you from doing it again?

I won't get anal and point out that it wasn't spam. oops...I just did. In any case, I hadn't recalled their policy against returns when I sent it. I do have a bad memory. It was obviously a statement in anger anyway. How seriously do you take that as regards getting the return. In any case, I sent them the email from another account.

I do it myself all the time.
So do I. No one I can think of needs my tech. support though. I am having a tech. issue now too. It's at least slightly and, maybe more related to the cd check though. Might be a touchy issue.

You admitted your email was "rude", and them fault them for blocking you out? Sounds like sour grapes to me
Actually, This isn't exactly what sour grapes is. It fits current usage I suppose. You are right though. I do fault them. I expect them to act like not only a professional company but, adults. I wouldn't personally block anyone for just being rude. I understand people get like that sometimes. It's like a stupid power trip. "I HAVE THE GREAT AND MAGNIFICENT POWER TO BLOCK." screamed the techie.