Pacific theater mod scenarios now available for download

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Twilight2k:

I'm new to the Forum. Where do I get the Pacific mod? I tried Wargamer.com but the link is bad.

Welcome to the forum

Try www.cmmods.com and search for 'pacific'. The mods are quite extensive so don't forget to back up your stock data folder.

Enjoy the surf :D

[ June 21, 2003, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

• 2 weeks later...

I am supposing you mean a "real" Pacific front game. Don't hold you breath on this. Saddly BFC's feeling is they will never do such a game.

Personally I am surprised. I did a Pacific for CMBO and it got nearly 2000 downloads at Wargamer.com. More than twice the other theater mods we did.

MikeT

That is surprising, especially when you consider the incredible wealth of material. They are essentially ignoring 1/2 of the war. I love my east front scenarios, but I would like to see a Banzai human wave charge, and I would be interested in seeing if they upgrade the hand to hand combat for Japanese, do you know if they are planning on using Gurkha's for CMAK? Those guys were hell in hand to hand. My grandfather was a crewchief for p-38 Lightnings, all through North Africa, and into the Italian campaign, he told me a story about some Gurkha's going to "pick up some new boots". They went out into the Italian lines one night, and were back by dawn with their boots, but they still had the feet of the unfortunate Italian who happened to have small enough feet. My grand father had alot of respect for them. Oh well, if no pac front, then no pac front. Maybe I will pick up an old copy of the talon soft pacific front game for their east front/west front series. Thanks for the response.