Demo plays but no sound.

LC-

Hi all this really isnt a big issue at all but when I play the demo the game opens up to the main menu with sound but then locks up. Once I close it and restore all the desktop icons back to normal size I open the game again and this time everything runs fine except there is no sound effects or anything.

No big deal cuz I still get to play the game (its a blast by the way) but just curious if anyone else has run into this prob and fixed it. I have no idea what the specs on this computer are except it is a gateway with windows 98. sorry its my roomies computer and even HE has no clue about it.

Like I said...no big deal if I get it fixed or not cuz its still a great game. Just curious.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the game, another gamer encountered a similar problem and it turned out that the default Windows 'Wave Device' was not installed on his system. This can be installed in a number of ways, but maybe the easiest is to go to 'Control Panel' and double click the 'Add New Hardware' icon. Allow windows to automatically search for your new hardware and hopefully it will find the 'Wave Device' and install it for you.

Hope that helps,

Hubert

Thanks for the help Hubert. Although doing the add new software didnt work, it was worth a shot.

Once I hook up the new computer I wont have to worry about it cuz this one is a piece smile.gif Thanks once again and I cant wait for the full game.

i was the gamer hc was talking about here is how i fixed the problem. There may be a problem with one of your Media Control devices.

Either of two devices may be causing the problem:

* Wave Audio device

* CD Audio device

To verify that the Wave Audio device is installed

1. Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Multimedia.

2. On the Devices tab, double-click Media Control Devices.

3. Make sure that Wave Audio Device (Media Control) is installed.

o If it is not installed, install it using the procedure below, and then start this procedure again at step 1.

o If it is installed:

a. Right-click Wave Audio Device (Media Control), and then click Properties.

b. Make sure Use this Media Control device is selected, and then click OK.

To install the Wave Audio device

1. Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add New Hardware.

2. When the Add New Hardware wizard asks, "Do you want Windows to search for your new hardware?" click No, and then click Next.

3. Under Hardware types, click Sound, Video and Game Controllers, and then click Next.

4. Under Manufacturers, click Microsoft MCI.

5. Under Models, click Wave Audio Device (Media Control).

6. Click Next, then click Finish.

o If you are prompted to insert the Windows 98 CD-ROM or a Windows 98 disk, follow the instructions on your screen.

7. Restart your computer when you are prompted.

To verify that the CD Audio device is installed

1. Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Multimedia.

2. On the Devices tab, double-click Media Control Devices.

3. Make sure that CD Audio Device (Media Control) is listed.

o If it is not listed, install it using the procedure below.

o If it is listed:

a. Click CD Audio Device (Media Control), and then click Properties.

b. Make sure Use this Media Control device is selected, and then click OK.

:cool:

Topgun