COMING ATTRACTIONS! New Campaign!

There is... a NEW CAMPAIGN! on the way, even as we speak! smile.gif

Details forthcoming, but there WILL be an Italian Pre-War Mobilization campaign, thoroughly play tested! within a week or so.

Now, there can be OTHER solutions to some of the "gambits" that seem to be bothering some players, and no doubt they will work just fine, as Zapp has suggested in another thread.

Here, you will have the opportunity to play the Grand Campaign, and there will be NO NEED for any house rules.

This will merely be an attractive alternative (I am confident) until such time as proper corrections to some of the "gamey strategems" are made.

As I said, more details will be available, probably within the next several days. smile.gif

The only problem with having Italy already in the war is it takes away one of the Allies current decisions.

Do I move units in the Med or not?

It also allows an attack on the Low countries without affecting Italian readiness.

Just some thoughts.

Low Countries attack is coming anyway, its just a matter of time.

You have a good point about the Med. But I would think that the importance of the Med would be enough of a reason for the Allies to decide to protect it or abandon it. In some ways. the "gamey" technique of moving the French forces so you get "freebie" Free French has a counter.

As originally posted by CorsairBlue:

Thats great news. Where will it be posted so as for download?

(... another great Stage name... we seem to have a lot of those on this forum!)

I am yet finishing up some detail work, so... I would estimate you will have this scenario, ready for download, oh, by the middle of next week (June 11-12). I will post in this thread, where and when.

Thanks for the interest, it should be a very interesting experience (... different anyway) and so far, it doesn't seem to change things all that much, other than SEVERELY restricting a player's ability to invade and conquer Italy...

... ah, BEFORE It's time is due, AND assuming that Otto Skorzeny will not command the Jagdverbande... hard trained at Friedenthal, and liberate Duce from forced retirement at Hotel Campo Imperatore... anytime before HIS particular time is due)

Also, with this scenario it is appreciably more difficult to succeed with a Low Countries gambit by the Allies.

***Keep in mind, I have also changed the OOB of the major participants a bit, reflecting some other concerns that I have. For instance, BEF is better modeled, and the French will have some armor, and German Air, Armor (and experience) will get a slight boost, as reflecting their early superiority. These sorts of small changes are the result of the fine work done on other scenarios, and of course, my own impressions. But, the over-all balance will be maintained.

All in all, I am satisfied, as a 40 year war game player and amateur game maker (as are we all!), that this scenario WILL make for a fairly accurate portrayal of Italy's pre-war mobilization, WITHOUT otherwise altering important historical aspects of the Blitzkreig period from Sep '39 to Aug of 1940. ;)

Thank you disorder ...

I am trying mightily to get

The House... in order!

Everything is progressing nicely... had some VERY interesting test games... head-to-head, hotseat, AND against the AI (... which is nobody's princeling Fool when figuring out these sorts of things!).

Should be ready late tomorrow or early Wednesday, as already stated.

See, the thing is, it's surely within the bounds of reality to suppose:

1) That Hitler and his henchmen CONVINCED the pliable Duce ... that early entry would benefit the Pax Romana schemes dancing around in Duce's overly swollen head! :eek:

2) That Italy would need some time to get their black-shirted and mighteous! forces into a fighting trim!... and that the Allies wouldn't have much (... enough?... will... YOU?) available to IMMEDIATELY commence a quick Dempsey-like knock-out!

**As part of the new Italo-Deutsche agreement, secretly compacted in a Bavarian redoubt, Hitler eagerly agreed to send a couple of crack! commando type divisions to Italy, in order, ONLY... it's insisted, to insure that an odd folly is NOT committed by the newly composed, but rashly inclined French Alpine unit!

Soon, anyone interested, such as CorsairBlue ... WILL have THEIR chance to change History! Or, re-order (... within limits) the OOBs of Britain, Germany, AND... Italy! :cool:

[ June 09, 2003, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: Immer Etwas ]

UPDATE! (... number 2, from member #8295, on 6-11-03, concerning probes & postulations possible in Galaxy #4412... etc)

Anyway,

The whole dang shebang has been sent to Otto's excellent web site... for ALL things SC, and I DO mean just about anything! worth your time.

**Trouble being, I am damned :eek: near computer illiterate (... my son, for example could do MORE than I can do now when he was age 7) and SO... perhaps I will have to re-do my files or apologize all over for mucking up the web works, or some such... we'll see?

WHEN! he let's me know that all is in order, I shall come right out and say so, and anyone interested can indeed try out this new! Italian Pre-War Mobilization scenario.

It ain't bad... more fun than not. smile.gif

Update #3:

Haven't yet heard back from Otto... these things happen, so ain't worried... not yet. smile.gif

**Meanwhile, a review that appeared recently in The Santa Fe Sol-- a rag, hank & bone slop shoppe up 'ere in 'at... "City Different"... or so they self-stylize.

It's by Cyrus Muswhissel the 3rd , and he is, oh, rather the pinky-extended in extremis! type... well, no matter, each with their particular pedigree:

--------------------------------

"Took a moment from my tres busy time to review this scant scenario. If I didn't owe a favor going all the back to high school... well, that Big Bully wouldn't have actually slain me, anyway... where was I?

Oh yes. The Italian Pre-War Mobilization scenario, how could I forget.

The guns go off, the tiny icons expode with a virtual vermillion vigor!

The Italians scurry to re-load. Apparently the French haven't any... ancien Elan and are in every danger of being... peine forte et dure by those nasty Axis ground and air forces. :eek:

...Oh my!... here's... why, it's Julia Roberts! just stopped by to say Hi and... you want to do some lunch?

I am at your beck and command, O smiling wide Lady who lives in the tres grateful! vicinity! :D

As for the new scenario... well, get it I guess, it ain't bad, and... it's more fun, than not.

Wait up Julie... Baby! I'll get my Nikon! :cool:

Immer

Usually Otto gets back to the sender on these things in a couple of weeks.

Just finished reading the Santa Fe Journal Review and was very impressed by the extremely favorable full page poetic editorial that your scenario was given. The editor, a fellow named Immer Etwas, has performed a great service. It's about time someone's put out a newspaper written as poetry! :D

[ June 12, 2003, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Really the game should force the Allies incapable of invasions until about time of originaly LC invasion by Germany. They didn't have the organization or leadership to make such decisions until then...

As originally posted by JerseyJohn:

Usually Otto gets back to the sender on these things in a couple of weeks.

Ach du liebe, I didn't realize... thanks for the heads up JJ! (... and for the kind words)

I guess I should have checked into these matters BEFORE I made the rash promise of providing the new scenario this week... sorry everyone. :(

So, sometime in the near future I will make the appropriate announcement. smile.gif