Little problems

Achiles

thnx, I didn't know I had to do it before i moved or attacked. The other question is really critical. I can't figure out how to build transport units. Unless you don't build transport but it is instead autimatically generated at a cost when need. Hmmm, I believe I may have just answered my own question. Cya, bye!

Originally posted by Affentitten:

And transports can't be bought. Move a unit into a city adjacent to a coast. Next turn you can right click and the trasnport option will appear. Your unti is automatically turned into a transport ship icon.

Affentitten,

That should be a port, not a city.

Originally posted by Affentitten:

But most of the time it seems that you can't actually move into a hex with a port, since the majority of the hex is water. But having a unit in the city next to the hex with the Antwerp port allows you to transport.

Affentitten,

Land units cannot move into port hexes. If they are adjacent to a port hex, they can be transported out to sea. Look at Scapa Flow, Kiel, and Sevastapol and you'll notice a port without a city. They work, but Copenhagen, Bilbao, Lisbon, Tangier, Rome, Tripolitania, Beirut, and Istanbul (all cities without ports) do not.

OK, that's what I meant. So far my only transporting has been done from ports with cities adjacent, so it always seems like I have to be in a city to do it.

And by the way, what precisely is the in-game effect of that "German u-boats disrupt Atlantic convoys" message?

[ May 22, 2002, 02:19 AM: Message edited by: Affentitten ]