Korsun Pocket vs SC

Iron Ranger

Iron,

Check out 'the Ardennes Offensive'.

It uses the engine on which KP is based. KP will also be expanded with this scenario.

It's a very enjoyable tactical game with a very good interface.

TAO can be downloaded for free here

Defenitely worth your time if you ask me.

I have both

Like SC better.

But then its a matte of choice.

Much more tatical with the other, also much more detailed which some will like better and some will not. I like SC better.

[ November 25, 2003, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Curry ]

Folks:

I'm a rank newbie to the world of war gaming and chose SC because of it's relative lack of micromanagement. Needless to say, I'm thoroughly enjoying the game even though I've yet to win a game.

My question for you guys with Korsun Pocket is "How much micromanagement is involved?" I realise it's a tactical game but as long as it isn't too anal I guess I could cope with it.

Cheers.

Okay, after getting COS to work on my XP machine through DosBox, I thought I was the *stuff*...

So, I've downloaded The Ardeenes Offensive, and it's NOT a dos program, but when I run it (and I've tried every compatibility option), it lets me set up and choose the scenerio, BUT, when I click to start the game, it locks up...

Anyone had a similar problem who can give me any advice??

Jon

Might be your OS, as the demo always told me to get stuffed when I tried to run it in XP, and that was relevant to the last version file before Matrix Games put it on the Korsun Pocket game (and on that product Ardennes does like XP thankfully).

About KP (and thus Ardennes), when slightly greater than 9 out of 10 wargamers call it the best thing since sliced bread, it might actually be worth it heheh.