Time Scale and Income

I asked about this also a couple days ago. Are you saying production/week = production/month?? This what what I was concerned about. I was hoping to hear that the resources/production model was normalized on a monthly basis and adjusted accordingly for the shorter turns. If this isn't the case, please explain what SC is attempting to model. The systems in Third Reich and WiF made sense, but this does not. You can either have all turns equal (seasons) like Third Reich, or all turns the same length (months) with variable impulses based on seasonal weather and initiative like WiF. But you can not have variable length turns being equal to each other for resources and production. That makes no economic sense.

I obviously need to play the demo to appreciate whatever this game is trying to accomplish. I'm beginning to worry that it may be more of a fun "beer & pretzles" type game like Axis & Allies than a serious simulation of WWII like WiF. Don't take me wrong - I really am excited about this game and all the great features it does have. But I'm already irritated that there's no airborne capability at all and now it seems that the economic model may be out in left field somewhere. So, I have a few concerns.

I think it will be alot more watered down than WIF,they said earlier the purpose of this game is to make it appealing to alot of non-experinced grand strategey gamers,which makes sense since publishing through BTS they can tap into alot of the gamers that CM has dragged in and convert or Introduce them to a simple (in comparison to other Strat games) Strategy game.

I have the Feeling what we have has is a commputer Relation to Axis and allies with a touch of TR throwen in,I dont think WIF complexity is even featured here.

All the same i think it is good,ive got Russo-German war,EU2,WIF (beta) EA(cow) so it will be a pleasant change. smile.gif

so during the winter you can save some serious stuff?
I think he means that if summer turns = 1 week and winter turns = 1 month that your MMPs (the economic unit I think) for your winter turns should be 4 times the summer ammount. This would allow you to stockpile arms, create armies "save serious stuff"

for your spring offensives.

Reconsidering the time scale issue, it's probably best not to think of turns as actual weeks or months but rather as the ebb and flow of time over the course of a year. Standing back and looking at the big fuzzy picture makes it look better. We're talking about what, 27 turns per year and about 150 turns for the campaign game? This probably isn't a big deal, so I can live with it. Where's that demo?

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

No promises and still working out a few things, but I imagine very soon. I know everyone is getting tired of that word, but it really is the best answer I can give ;)

Well on 4/18 Madmatt said "soon" and now you're saying "very soon" so that sounds like progress to me!