Research table?

rleete

Is there going to be at least a partial table or list of what research yeilds? It's a big risk, especially for the allies, to put points into research. Especially not knowing what the benefits will be makes it a blind gamble. Knowing exactly how much a unit's capabilities will be increased would make for an easier decision.

If you take a look at the FAQ or the instructions.html that comes with the beta demo package there is a section that covers research and development. It will be more detailed for the final game manual but it should give you the insight you are looking for.

Hubert

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

If you take a look at the FAQ or the instructions.html that comes with the beta demo package there is a section that covers research and development. It will be more detailed for the final game manual but it should give you the insight you are looking for.

Hubert

It would appear (after experimenting in several games with the various research options), that the number of years that would be expected to max out a given line of research is inversely related to the number of points invested. I got both jets and electroboats (in separate games) in the demo by maxing out their research. One point seems to yield roughly one advance/year (allowing for luck of course).

It is the old 'quantity vs. quality' dilemma: those 1250 points I spent on electroboats could have allowed me to buy an additional 3-4 'normal'

subs. It did seem that I was taking an additional 4 points of MPPs away from the Brits per sub.

John DiFool

[ May 27, 2002, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: John DiFool ]