Get a life

Lucky Zorba

Hi,

I already complained about some rude expressions ag newbies in this forum. The outcome was i was sent to hell. (vote no tread) But never mind. It´s like in real live when you are new somewhere it will take its time when you are accepted. Until this time we will need a rough skin. I dont´t really think that people are that unfriendly it looks like for the first shot.

If you want i will play with you.

By the way welcome to the forum...or better said to our selfmade hell. :D

[ September 25, 2003, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: Dragonheart ]

No one said you’re not welcome here.

I was only questioning if you were really Lucky Zebra (someone that stirred up a lot of **** on this forum), and for some reason you took it personal. Even you have to admit that your names look alike. That issue got cleared up anyway, so why bring it up again.

As for Kuniworth, I guess you’re referring to the "1 post - Asshole Newbies" remark he made. Guess what...

HE WAS JOKING

Also, there have been a few newbies in the past that have come on this forum that needed an "attitude adjustment", so he wasn't completely out of line in saying that.

The title on this thread was completely unnecessary, that’s a good way to make enemies on this forum.

If we have made you feel unwelcome then I apologize. But really, nothing we said should have offended you.

Comrade Trapp

[ September 25, 2003, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]

Originally posted by Comrade Trapp:

Also, there have been a few newbies in the past that have come on this forum that needed an "attitude adjustment", so we wasn't completely out of line in saying that.

Okay, I can read between the lines here. I'll have you know that my attitude is so perfect now, that rose buds pop into full bloom just by me walking past.

I too remember with horror and trepidation the so-called newbie days. After spending the night in the slammer, I was ready to pack it in, but then I realized certain facts:

1) Do not be overly sensitive on this Forum

2) There are a lot of clever people who post here and sometimes the facial expressions cannot be read when they post and items are taken out of context.

3) Give the benefit of the doubt

4) Have a sense of humor

That should do it, but if you're ever in doubt, check with Jersey John. He's one guy you can trust and is a gentleman from the old school.

Welcome and enjoy!

Oh and thanks to Comrade Trapp for helping to raise my bail money, even though I was a newbie at the time of my incarceration.

Jim Boggs

Thanks for the compliment; I forgot that was you banned with JerseyJohn. BTW, I was not referring to you when I said that some newbies in the past needed an "attitude adjustment", you were a good newbie. ;)

Besides, you haven't been considered a newbie for a long time now.

Comrade Trapp

[ September 25, 2003, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]

Lucky Zorba,

You're overreacting here.Newbies ARE welcome here!

You just got off on the wong foot.

I came here some time ago as a complete wargamer newbie and I'm doing just fine.There are a lot of people here that are newbie friendly.Dragonheart is also a newbie and he's getting along just fine.

So stop your whining and make a little effort.

Comrade Trapp already explained his reaction and Kuniworth is a big goofer,he's just fine,put in some effort on your part.

And if you wanna play,I'll also play you,big chance you'll win. :D

Welcome to our community,it's hell! ;)

Originally posted by kurt88:

Lucky Zorba,

You're overreacting here.Newbies ARE welcome here!

You just got off on the wong foot.

Welcome to our community,it's hell! ;)

kurt88

Maybe he hasn't seen the new logo?

Classic!

Comrade Trapp

You are one of the most even-handed and fair guys on the Forum. Even though you did not know me from Joe Schmo, you were willing to put in a good word for a newbie. It will not be forgotten.

Of course, you may have some regrets. ;)

Lucky Zorba

Two points: if you decide to stay your going to get your toes stepped on, a lot, so tuffin-up, all of our opinions get shot up, but that's the nature of a forum. Learn to roll with the punches, turn the other cheek, ignor dumb comments from obvious duffusses, and you'll be fine.

Then like Jim Boggs said, make a friend or two with other forum people. Find someone whom you think like, or respect, and comp them, you catch more flies with sugar. The next time someone jumps on your butt, you'll have some backup. Being a Newbie is the only way you can come into the forum, so have good facts to back up your assumptions and use a spell check and you'll do just fine.

Welcome aboard to the Battlefront.